Zoom on the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners and participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI houses a 389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 6500W along with a peak wattage of 7000W.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 59 dBA (less noisy than rainfall). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). The ESI 7000iER-EFI can also be remotely started, offering further convenience. (key fob included).
With a fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons, the ESI 7000iER-EFI may run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the ESI 7000iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Lifan generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L26 x W21 x H26.5 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 180 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
One of the many ESI 7000iER-EFI's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the voltage, power output, lifetime run hours and fuel level and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when its oil levels are insufficient.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI's package also includes these accessories: battery charger, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables and key fob.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- As for its weight, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI weighs only 180 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage category. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Lifan LF7250, with a dry weight of only 140 lbs.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 59 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power.
- Since the ESI 7000iER-EFI boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Generac XC6500, boasting with around 14 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Lightweight for its kind (180 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- On the expensive side
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps||54.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||58.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||4.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 21 x 26.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.