Zoom on the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a quiet and powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI houses a 389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 6500W along with a peak wattage of 7000W.
With a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). For additional convenience, the ESI 7000iER-EFI may also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons, the ESI 7000iER-EFI can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH).
The ESI 7000iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 4 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Lifan generator is RV Ready.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L26 x W21 x H26.5 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Since the generator weighs 180 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by its set of wheels and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
One of the many ESI 7000iER-EFI's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and power output and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when the oil level is too low.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, the following accessories are also included: battery charger, key fob, tool kit, battery charging cables and RV adapter.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 180 lbs, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 6000 to 7000 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF with only 133 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 59 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Powerhorse 7500i with only 55 dBA.
- Since the ESI 7000iER-EFI boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Generac XC6500, reaching around 14 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the A-iPower SUA7000L, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.36 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (180 lbs)
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps||54.2 amps|
|Peak amps||58.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||4.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 21 x 26.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5197 W||6197 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
Do generator have 240 volts outlet? (Asked March 04, 2021)
This unit does not have 240V outlets.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.