Zoom on the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI's core is the 389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 6500W and a peak wattage of 7000W.
With a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the ESI 7000iER-EFI can be remotely started (key fob included).
With a fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons, the ESI 7000iER-EFI may run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH).
The ESI 7000iER-EFI generates a clean sine wave: providing <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Lifan generator is RV Ready.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L26 x W21 x H26.5 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
As the generator's weight is 180 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
An illuminated data center, one of the features of the ESI 7000iER-EFI’s control panel, gives you information on the voltage, power output, lifetime run hours and fuel level, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, key fob, battery charger, battery charging cables and RV adapter.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Weight-wise, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI has only 180 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 6000 to 7000 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Lifan LF7250 with only 140 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 59 dBA, this inverter generator places itself as one of the quietest of the products delivering similar power.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of 12 hours at 50% load, the ESI 7000iER-EFI benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Pulsar PG7500B, which is able to run for 13 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Lightweight for its kind (180 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- On the expensive side
Where to buy the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps||54.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||58.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||4.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 21 x 26.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.