Zoom on the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a quiet and powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI houses a 389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 6500W along with a peak wattage of 7000W.
With a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). The ESI 7000iER-EFI can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons, the ESI 7000iER-EFI may run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the ESI 7000iER-EFI generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Lifan generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L26 x W21 x H26.5 in), the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 180 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
Monitoring of the ESI 7000iER-EFI's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and fuel level and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI's package also includes these accessories: battery charging cables, RV adapter, tool kit, key fob and battery charger.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 180 lbs, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 6000 to 7000 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, weighing just 133 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 59 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Powerhorse 7500i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 55 dBA.
- With a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the ESI 7000iER-EFI has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Generac XC6500, with around 14 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (180 lbs)
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps||54.2 amps|
|Peak amps||58.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||4.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 21 x 26.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5192 W||6692 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||5190 W||5780 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
Do generator have 240 volts outlet? (Asked March 04, 2021)
This unit does not have 240V outlets.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.