Zoom on the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a quiet and powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI's core is the 389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 6500W and a peak wattage of 7000W.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 59 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the ESI 7000iER-EFI can also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a full tank, the ESI 7000iER-EFI can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the ESI 7000iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Lifan generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Since the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is an inverter generator, its closed design (L26 x W21 x H26.5 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 180 pounds. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The control panel of the ESI 7000iER-EFI includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and power output.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when its oil levels are insufficient.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, battery charging cables, RV adapter, key fob and battery charger.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 180 lbs, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 6000 and 7000 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF with only 133 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 59 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Powerhorse 7500i with only 55 dBA.
- The ESI 7000iER-EFI provides a higher run time than similarly powerful devices, reaching around 12 hours at 50% load. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Generac XC6500, which is able to run for around 14 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is among the most fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (180 lbs)
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps||54.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||58.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||4.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 21 x 26.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5192 W||6692 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||5190 W||5780 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
Do generator have 240 volts outlet? (Asked March 04, 2021)
This unit does not have 240V outlets.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.