Zoom on the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI
In summary, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a quiet and powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI's core is the 389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 6500W and a peak wattage of 7000W.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 59 dBA (less noisy than rainfall). For additional convenience, the ESI 7000iER-EFI may also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons, the ESI 7000iER-EFI may run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH).
As the ESI 7000iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Lifan generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L26 x W21 x H26.5 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 180 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its set of wheels and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The control panel of the ESI 7000iER-EFI includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI also comes with some accessories: RV adapter, tool kit, battery charging cables, battery charger and key fob are included.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 180 lbs, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 6000 to 7000 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of only 133 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 59 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Powerhorse 7500i with only 55 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the ESI 7000iER-EFI benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Generac XC6500E, reaching around 14 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the A-iPower SUA7000L, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.36 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W inverter generators, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (180 lbs)
- No 50-amp output
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6,500 W|
|Starting watts||7,000 W|
|Running amps||54.2 amps|
|Peak amps||58.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||4.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 21 x 26.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5197 W||6197 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
Do generator have 240 volts outlet? (Asked March 04, 2021)
This unit does not have 240V outlets.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.