Zoom on the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI
In summary, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a quiet portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI's design includes a gasoline-fueled 389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 6500W and also a peak wattage of 7000W.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 59 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the ESI 7000iER-EFI can also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a full tank, the ESI 7000iER-EFI can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons.
The ESI 7000iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Lifan generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
As the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is an inverter generator, its encased design (L26 x W21 x H26.5 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Since the generator weighs 180 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
One of the many ESI 7000iER-EFI's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the voltage, power output, lifetime run hours and fuel level and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, the following accessories are also included: battery charging cables, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter and tool kit.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI only weighs in at 180 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of just 133 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 59 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Powerhorse 7500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 55 dBA.
- With a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the ESI 7000iER-EFI has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Generac XC6500, as it provides around 14 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as one of the most fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Lightweight for its kind (180 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps||54.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||58.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||4.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 21 x 26.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5197 W||6197 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.