Zoom on the Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA
In summary, the Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA's design includes a gasoline-fueled 270 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 3800W and also a peak wattage of 4100W.
At a noise rating of 57 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA can be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a full tank, the ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 3.5 gallons.
The ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Lifan generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Since the Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA is an inverter generator, its closed design (L24 x W18 x H20 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
As the generator's weight is 132 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by its set of 4 wheels and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
A digital data center, one of the features of the ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA's control panel, gives you information on the fuel level, voltage, power output and lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the oil level is too low.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA also comes with several accessories, including: battery charging cables, tool kit, RV adapter, key fob and battery charger.
The Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 132 pounds, the Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA is one of the heavier inverter generators producing between 3500 and 4500 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 57 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar type and power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Cummins Onan P4500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- As the ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA features an autonomy of around 12 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its type and power range. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Cummins Onan P4500i, with around 15 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.29 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Cummins Onan P4500i, with a fuel consumption of 0.23 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W inverter generators, the Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Quiet for its power (57 dBA)
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (132 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||270 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3800 W|
|Starting watts||4100 W|
|Running amps||31.7 amps|
|Peak amps||34.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||3.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24 x 18 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||57 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 4000iER-EFI-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||3020 W||3020 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||3035 W||3625 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||2990 W||4090 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.