Zoom on the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA's engine, 270 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 3300W and reaches a peak wattage of 3500W.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 57 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). The ESI 3600iER-CA can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
The fuel capacity of 3.6 gallons allows the ESI 3600iER-CA to operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.51 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the ESI 3600iER-CA produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Even though this Lifan generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L25 x W20 x H22 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 145 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of 4 wheels and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, the generator is overloaded and its oil levels are insufficient.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA also is packed along with the following accessories: tool kit, battery charger, battery charging cables, RV adapter and key fob.
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- With its weight of 145 lbs, the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is one of the heavier generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Generac GP3300i with only 59.5 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 57 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As for its autonomy, the ESI 3600iER-CA, with an autonomy of around 7 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000X, as it provides around 16 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.51 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.17 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen4200 is a device you should look out for.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Remote start
- Quiet for its power (57 dBA)
- No data center
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (145 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||270 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3300 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||27.5 amps|
|Peaks amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25 x 20 x 22 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||57 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1982 W||3482 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2635 W||3225 W|
|Total||2380 W||3480 W|
how does the remote work, (Asked February 06, 2021)
The "Remote Control" switch on the control panel must be in the "ON" position. Then, double-click and hold the "ON" button on the remote until the engine starts.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.