Zoom on the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA
In summary, the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is a quiet portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA houses a 270 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3300W along with a peak wattage of 3500W.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 57 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). The ESI 3600iER-CA can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
With a fuel capacity of 3.6 gallons, the ESI 3600iER-CA may run for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.51 GPH).
The ESI 3600iER-CA generates a clean sine wave: providing <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
While this Lifan generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
As the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is an inverter generator, its encased design (L25 x W20 x H22 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 145 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its set of 4 wheels and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The light indicators show you if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA also comes with some accessories: battery charger, RV adapter, key fob, tool kit and battery charging cables are included.
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- With its weight of 145 lbs, the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is one of the heavier generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Generac GP3300i, standing at just 59.5 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 57 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 7 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the ESI 3600iER-CA falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Predator 4375, as it provides around 16 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.51 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.17 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Remote start
- Quiet for its power (57 dBA)
- No data center
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (145 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||270 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3300 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||27.5 amps|
|Peak amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25 x 20 x 22 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||57 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1982 W||3482 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2635 W||3225 W|
|Total||2380 W||3480 W|
how does the remote work, (Asked February 06, 2021)
The "Remote Control" switch on the control panel must be in the "ON" position. Then, double-click and hold the "ON" button on the remote until the engine starts.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.