Zoom on the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA
In summary, the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA houses a 270 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3300W along with a peak wattage of 3500W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 57 dBA (less noisy than a conversation at home), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the ESI 3600iER-CA can also be remotely started (key fob included).
With a full tank, the ESI 3600iER-CA can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.51 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 3.6 gallons.
The ESI 3600iER-CA produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Even though this Lifan generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L24 x W18 x H20.5 in), the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 132.5 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA's package also includes these accessories: battery charger, key fob, RV adapter, tool kit and battery charging cables.
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- At a dry weight of 132.5 pounds, the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 2500 and 3500 running watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Honda EG2800i with only 66.6 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 57 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 7 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000, which is able to run for 16 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.51 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.17 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Remote start
- Quiet for its power (57 dBA)
- No data center
- On the heavy side (132.5 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||270 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3300 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||27.5 amps|
|Peaks amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||24 x 18 x 20.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||57 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 3600iER-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.