Zoom on the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is a compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is powered by a 150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3100W as well as a peak wattage of 3200W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). The ESI 3200iER-EFI can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
The ESI 3200iER-EFI can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 2 gallons.
The ESI 3200iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L23 x W13 x H20 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
The 75 lbs of the ESI 3200iER-EFI's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. In addition, its nifty handle (molded in the case) improves your grip, allowing for an easy displacement of the ESI 3200iER-EFI from place to place.
A digital data center, one of the features of the ESI 3200iER-EFI’s control panel, gives you information on the lifetime run hours, voltage, power output and fuel level, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual to get you promptly started, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI also comes with some accessories: battery charger, key fob, tool kit and battery charging cables are included.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI only weighs in at 75 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 61 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- The ESI 3200iER-EFI, offering a run time of around 12 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Honda EB4000X, reaching around 16 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient units within its wattage category.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Lightweight for its kind (75 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (61 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI doesn't have any notably low specs.
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W|
|Starting watts||3200 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peaks amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23 x 13 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||61 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, battery charging cables and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2192 W||3192 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2475 W||2895 W|
|Total||2080 W||3180 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.