Zoom on the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is a compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI's engine, 150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 3100W and reaches a peak wattage of 3200W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), this inverter generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). For additional convenience, the ESI 3200iER-EFI may also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a full tank, the ESI 3200iER-EFI can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 2 gallons.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the ESI 3200iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L23 x W13 x H20 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
With a dry weight of 75 lbs, the ESI 3200iER-EFI can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Moreover, shifting it is an easy task, as the ESI 3200iER-EFI features a nifty handle (molded in the case), improving your grip greatly.
Monitoring of the ESI 3200iER-EFI's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and fuel level and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual to get you promptly started, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI also comes with some accessories: battery charging cables, tool kit, battery charger and key fob are included.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI has only 75 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Generac GP3300i with only 59.5 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 61 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- Given that the ESI 3200iER-EFI reaches an autonomy of around 12 hours with a full tank and at 50% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Predator 4375, with around 16 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the most fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Lightweight for its kind (75 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (61 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI doesn't have any notably low specs.
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W|
|Starting watts||3200 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peak amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23 x 13 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||61 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2192 W||3192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2470 W||3060 W|
|Total||2080 W||3180 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.