Zoom on the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI
In summary, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI's core is the 150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3100W and a peak wattage of 3200W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
With a noise rating of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the ESI 3200iER-EFI can also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 2 gallons, the ESI 3200iER-EFI can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
The ESI 3200iER-EFI generates a clean sine wave: providing <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L23 x W13 x H20 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The 75 lbs of the ESI 3200iER-EFI's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, the convenient handle (molded in the case) greatly enhances the grip, making displacing the ESI 3200iER-EFI from A to B always an easy task.
One of the many ESI 3200iER-EFI's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the fuel level, power output, lifetime run hours and voltage and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI, the following accessories are also included: key fob, tool kit, battery charger and battery charging cables.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI has only 75 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 61 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- Given that the ESI 3200iER-EFI reaches an autonomy of around 12 hours with a full tank and at 50% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Honda EB4000X, boasting with around 16 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is among the most fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Lightweight for its kind (75 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (61 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI doesn't have any notably low specs.
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W|
|Starting watts||3200 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peaks amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23 x 13 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||61 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, battery charging cables and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2192 W||3192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2470 W||3060 W|
|Total||2080 W||3180 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.