Zoom on the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is a compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI houses a 150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3100W along with a peak wattage of 3200W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the ESI 3200iER-EFI can be remotely started (key fob included).
The fuel capacity of 2 gallons allows the ESI 3200iER-EFI to operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
The ESI 3200iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L23 x W13 x H20 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
With a dry weight of 75 lbs, the ESI 3200iER-EFI can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. In addition, its nifty handle (molded in the case) improves your grip, allowing for an easy displacement of the ESI 3200iER-EFI from place to place.
A digital data center, one of the features of the ESI 3200iER-EFI’s control panel, gives you information on the voltage, power output, lifetime run hours and fuel level, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI also comes with several accessories, including: battery charging cables, battery charger, key fob and tool kit.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- In terms of its dry weigh, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI stands at only 75 lbs, meaning that is one of the one of the lighter devices of the 2500-3500 rated wattage category If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN GN400i with only 66.1 pounds.
- This inverter generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 61 dBA. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- Given that the ESI 3200iER-EFI reaches an autonomy of around 12 hours with a full tank and at 50% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Honda EB4000, boasting with around 16 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (75 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (61 dBA)
- Decent run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W|
|Starting watts||3200 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peaks amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Voltage, power output, lifetime run hours and fuel level|
|Fuel tank||2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||23 x 13 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||61 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, battery charging cables, key fob and battery charger|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.