Zoom on the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is a compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI's core is the 150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3100W and a peak wattage of 3200W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), this inverter generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the ESI 3200iER-EFI can be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a full tank, the ESI 3200iER-EFI can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 2 gallons.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the ESI 3200iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L23 x W13 x H20 in), the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The ESI 3200iER-EFI can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 75 lbs. Additionally, a conveniently placed handle (molded in the case) is a great enhancement to the grip, which tremendously helps when moving the ESI 3200iER-EFI across any distance.
One of the many ESI 3200iER-EFI's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the voltage, power output, fuel level and lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI also comes with several accessories, including: key fob, tool kit, battery charging cables and battery charger.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI weighs just 75 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage generators. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Generac GP3300i with only 59.5 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 61 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- As the ESI 3200iER-EFI offers around 12 hours run time on a full tank at a 50% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000X, as it provides around 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is among the most fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Lightweight for its kind (75 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (61 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI doesn't have any notably low specs.
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W|
|Starting watts||3200 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peaks amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23 x 13 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||61 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 3200iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2192 W||3192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2470 W||3060 W|
|Total||2080 W||3180 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.