Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA
In summary, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA houses a 150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 2600W along with a peak wattage of 2800W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Duo Power parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). The ESI 2600iER-CA can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, the ESI 2600iER-CA can operate for around 6 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.27 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the ESI 2600iER-CA generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L22.5 x W13.5 x H20 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
As the ESI 2600iER-CA's weight is only 83.5 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
When the generator is on overload, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA also comes with several accessories, including: key fob and tool kit.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA stands at only 83.5 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 2500-3500 rated wattage category In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Generac GP3300i, standing at just 59.5 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 58 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 6 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the ESI 2600iER-CA falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Predator 4375, as it provides around 16 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.27 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.17 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen4200 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (83.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||2800 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peak amps||23.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.5 x 13.5 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1792 W||2792 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2070 W||2660 W|
|Total||1650 W||2750 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.