Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA
In summary, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA's core is the 150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2600W and a peak wattage of 2800W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Duo Power parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the ESI 2600iER-CA can also be remotely started (key fob included).
The ESI 2600iER-CA can operate for around 6 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.27 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the ESI 2600iER-CA generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L22.5 x W13.5 x H20 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The ESI 2600iER-CA's dry weight of 83.5 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its wheel kit and its telecospic handle, once it is on the ground.
The light indicators show you if the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA's package also includes these accessories: tool kit and key fob.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA weighs just 83.5 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 58 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- The ESI 2600iER-CA’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 6 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000X, as it provides around 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.27 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen4200, with a fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (83.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||2800 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||23.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.5 x 13.5 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||1792 W||2792 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2075 W||2525 W|
|Total||1650 W||2750 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.