Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA
In summary, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA's design includes a gasoline-fueled 150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2600W and also a peak wattage of 2800W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Duo Power parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the ESI 2600iER-CA can be remotely started (key fob included).
The fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon allows the ESI 2600iER-CA to operate for around 6 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.27 GPH).
The ESI 2600iER-CA produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22.5 x W13.5 x H20 in), the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
With a dry weight of 83.5 lbs, the ESI 2600iER-CA can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its wheel kit and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA's package also includes these accessories: tool kit and key fob.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As for its weight, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA weighs only 83.5 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN GN400i with only 66.1 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 58 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- The ESI 2600iER-CA’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 6 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Honda EB4000X, boasting with around 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.27 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.17 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (83.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||2800 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||23.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.5 x 13.5 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||1792 W||2792 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2075 W||2525 W|
|Total||1650 W||2750 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.