Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA
In summary, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA's core is the 150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2600W and a peak wattage of 2800W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Duo Power parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). The ESI 2600iER-CA can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
The ESI 2600iER-CA can operate for around 6 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.27 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the ESI 2600iER-CA produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Since the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is an inverter generator, its closed design (L22.5 x W13.5 x H20 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
As the ESI 2600iER-CA's weight is only 83.5 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its wheel kit and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
When the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA also comes with some accessories: tool kit and key fob are included.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA has only 83.5 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- At a lowest noise rating of 58 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 6 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the ESI 2600iER-CA falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000X, which is able to run for around 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.27 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen4200, with a fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (83.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||150 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||2800 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||23.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.5 x 13.5 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2600iER-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1792 W||2792 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2070 W||2660 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1650 W||2750 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.