Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI
In summary, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI's core is the 125 cc (4 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2400W and a peak wattage of 2500W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Duo Power parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall). For additional convenience, the ESI 2500iER-EFI may also be remotely started (key fob included).
With a full tank, the ESI 2500iER-EFI can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.5 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the ESI 2500iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
As the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is an inverter generator, its encased design (L20.5 x W11 x H19 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The ESI 2500iER-EFI can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 77 lbs. Moreover, a wheel kit and a handle (molded in the case) allows you to effortlessly displace it once it's on the ground.
A digital data center, one of the features of the ESI 2500iER-EFI’s control panel, gives you information on the voltage, power output, fuel level and lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI's package also includes these accessories: battery charging cables, battery charger, RV adapter, key fob, battery charging cables, key fob, tool kit, tool kit and battery charger.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- A weight of 77 lbs makes the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI one of the heavier devices in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 58 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- With a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the ESI 2500iER-EFI has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with around 20 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.12 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- On the heavy side (77 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||125 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2400 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||20 amps|
|Peaks amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Voltage, power output, lifetime run hours and fuel level|
|Fuel tank||1.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20.5 x 11 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, RV adapter, battery charging cables, battery charger, tool kit, battery charging cables, key fob and battery charger|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.