Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI
In summary, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI's design includes a gasoline-fueled 125 cc (4 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2400W and also a peak wattage of 2500W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Duo Power parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall). For additional convenience, the ESI 2500iER-EFI may also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a fuel capacity of 1.5 gallon, the ESI 2500iER-EFI may run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
The ESI 2500iER-EFI generates a clean sine wave: providing <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Since the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is an inverter generator, its closed design (L20.5 x W11 x H19 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The 77 lbs of the ESI 2500iER-EFI's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its wheel kit and its handle (molded in the case) will allow you to shift it without effort.
Monitoring of the ESI 2500iER-EFI's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the power output, voltage, lifetime run hours and fuel level and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if the oil level is too low.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI's package also includes these accessories: battery charger, tool kit, key fob, battery charging cables and RV adapter.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As its dry weight is 77 pounds, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 1500 to 2500 running watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of only 34.2 lbs.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest emitted noise of 58 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the ESI 2500iER-EFI benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Pulsar PG3250, reaching around 16 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.11 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen2200 is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (58 dBA)
- On the heavy side (77 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||125 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2400 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||20 amps|
|Peak amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||1.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.5 x 11 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||1900 W||2350 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||1895 W||2485 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1860 W||1860 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.