Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI
In summary, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is powered by a 125 cc (4 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2400W as well as a peak wattage of 2500W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Duo Power parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). For additional convenience, the ESI 2500iER-EFI may also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
The fuel capacity of 1.5 gallon allows the ESI 2500iER-EFI to operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the ESI 2500iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L20.5 x W11 x H19 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
The 77 lbs of the ESI 2500iER-EFI's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, its wheel kit and its handle (molded in the case) will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the ESI 2500iER-EFI's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the power output, voltage, fuel level and lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI also comes with some accessories: tool kit, battery charger, key fob, battery charging cables and RV adapter are included.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As its dry weight is 77 pounds, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 1500 to 2500 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Champion 200949, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- Because this inverter generator emits noise as low as 58 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- Since the ESI 2500iER-EFI boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with around 20 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.12 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- On the heavy side (77 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||125 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2400 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||20 amps|
|Peaks amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||1.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.5 x 11 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||1900 W||2350 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||1895 W||2485 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1860 W||2160 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.