Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI
In summary, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI's design includes a gasoline-fueled 125 cc (4 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2400W and also a peak wattage of 2500W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Duo Power parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). For additional convenience, the ESI 2500iER-EFI may also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a full tank, the ESI 2500iER-EFI can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.5 gallon.
The ESI 2500iER-EFI produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
As the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is an inverter generator, its encased design (L20.5 x W11 x H19 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
The ESI 2500iER-EFI can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 77 lbs. Moreover, its wheel kit and its handle (molded in the case) will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the ESI 2500iER-EFI's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the voltage, fuel level, power output and lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when its oil levels are insufficient.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI, the following accessories are also included: battery charging cables, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charger and key fob.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As its dry weight is 77 pounds, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 1500 to 2500 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56202i, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- Because this inverter generator emits noise as low as 58 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- As the ESI 2500iER-EFI features an autonomy of around 12 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for around 20 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.12 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- On the heavy side (77 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||125 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2400 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||20 amps|
|Peaks amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||1.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.5 x 11 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1790 W||2490 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||1895 W||2485 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1860 W||2160 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.