Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI
In a nutshell, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI houses a 125 cc (4 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 2400W along with a peak wattage of 2500W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Duo Power parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb). The ESI 2500iER-EFI can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a fuel capacity of 1.5 gallon, the ESI 2500iER-EFI may run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the ESI 2500iER-EFI generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
As the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is an inverter generator, its encased design (L20.5 x W11 x H19 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
As the ESI 2500iER-EFI's weight is only 77 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its wheel kit and its handle (molded in the case), once it is on the ground.
One of the many ESI 2500iER-EFI's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the voltage, lifetime run hours, power output and fuel level and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI also is packed along with the following accessories: tool kit, RV adapter, key fob, battery charger and battery charging cables.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As its dry weight is 77 pounds, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 1500 to 2500 running watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Champion 200949 with only 38.6 pounds.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 58 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- As the ESI 2500iER-EFI features an autonomy of around 12 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides around 20 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.12 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- On the heavy side (77 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||125 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2400 W|
|Starting watts||2500 W|
|Running amps||20 amps|
|Peaks amps||20.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||1.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.5 x 11 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, key fob, battery charger, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2500iER-EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1482 W||2482 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1900 W||2350 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1860 W||1860 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.