Zoom on the Lifan ESI 2000i-CA
In summary, the Lifan ESI 2000i-CA is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ESI 2000i-CA houses a 105 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1600W along with a peak wattage of 2000W.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 60 dBA (just as noisy as an office).
With a full tank, the ESI 2000i-CA can operate for around 3 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.33 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
The ESI 2000i-CA generates a clean sine wave: providing <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 3A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The Lifan ESI 2000i-CA is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L19 x W11 x H17 in. Thus, it is more esthetical than conventional, open frame products. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
With the weight of only 48 lbs, the ESI 2000i-CA may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to a handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the Lifan ESI 2000i-CA also is packed along with the following accessories: tool kit and battery charging cables.
The Lifan ESI 2000i-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Lifan ESI 2000i-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ESI 2000i-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Lifan ESI 2000i-CA weighs just 48 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1500 to 2500 rated wattage generators. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN 56202i, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- This inverter generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 60 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with 3 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the ESI 2000i-CA is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with 20 hours .
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.33 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.12 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Lifan ESI 2000i-CA is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Lightweight (48 lbs)
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (60 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Lifan ESI 2000i-CA?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||105 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||3 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 3A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||19 x 11 x 17 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||60 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ESI 2000i-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.