Zoom on the Lifan ES5700E
In summary, the Lifan ES5700E is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES5700E's build contains a gasoline-fueled 389 cc (13 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 5000W and also a peak wattage of 5700W.
At a noise rating of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower), this generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery not included).
The ES5700E can operate for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.65 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 6.5 gallons.
The control panel provides the upcoming 9 AC outlets:
This Lifan generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The design of the Lifan ES5700E is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L30 x W23 x H22 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 190 pounds.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES5700E's packaging.
The Lifan ES5700E is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan ES5700E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES5700E compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- At a weight of 190 pounds, the Lifan ES5700E places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 4500-5500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN 56500 with only 119 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 75 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the ES5700E, with an autonomy of 10 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Cat RP5500, as it provides 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator In fact, this generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 50% load is around 0.65 GPH. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse WGen5500, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.44 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 4500-5500W generators, the Lifan ES5700E is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Decent weight (190 lbs)
- No data center
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (75 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Lifan ES5700E?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5000 W|
|Starting watts||5700 W|
|Running amps||41.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||47.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||4x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 23 x 22 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES5700E is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.