Zoom on the Lifan ES5700E
In summary, the Lifan ES5700E is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES5700E's design includes a gasoline-fueled 389 cc (13 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 5000W and also a peak wattage of 5700W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery not included).
The ES5700E can operate for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.65 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 6.5 gallons.
The control panel provides the upcoming 9 AC outlets:
While this Lifan generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The dimensions of the Lifan ES5700E, which are L30 x W23 x H22 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 190 pounds.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES5700E's packaging.
The Lifan ES5700E is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan ES5700E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES5700E compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- With its weight of 190 lbs, the Lifan ES5700E is one of the heavier generators in the 4500-5500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN GN6000 with only 119 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this generator with a lowest emitted noise of 75 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU7000iS with only 52 dBA.
- The ES5700E's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 10 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Cat RP5500, boasting with around 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.65 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse WGen5300DFv, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.35 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- No data center
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the heavy side (190 lbs)
- On the noisy side (75 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5000 W|
|Starting watts||5700 W|
|Running amps||41.7 amps|
|Peak amps||47.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 23 x 22 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES5700E is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||3992 W||4992 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||3990 W||4580 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||2950 W||5650 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.