Zoom on the Lifan ES5700
In summary, the Lifan ES5700 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES5700 houses a 389 cc (13 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 5000W along with a peak wattage of 5700W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower), this generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 6.5 gallons, the ES5700 can operate for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.65 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming 9 AC outlets:
While this Lifan generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Lifan ES5700 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L27 x W20 x H22 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 179 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Never less, thanks to a wheel kit and a folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES5700's packaging.
The Lifan ES5700 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan ES5700 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES5700 compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- With a dry weight of 179 pounds, the Lifan ES5700 finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 4500 and 5500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN 56500, with a dry weight of only 119 lbs.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this generator with a lowest emitted noise of 75 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU7000iS with only 52 dBA.
- The ES5700’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 10 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Cat RP5500, boasting with around 15 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.65 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse WGen5500, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.44 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 4500-5500W generators, the Lifan ES5700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Decent weight (179 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (75 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5000 W|
|Starting watts||5700 W|
|Running amps||41.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||47.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||4x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27 x 20 x 22 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES5700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.