Zoom on the Lifan ES5700
In a nutshell, the Lifan ES5700 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES5700 houses a 389 cc (13 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 5000W along with a peak wattage of 5700W.
At a noise rating of 75 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower), the generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 6.5 gallons allows the ES5700 to operate for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.65 GPH).
The control panel provides the upcoming 9 AC outlets:
While this Lifan generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The design of the Lifan ES5700 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L27 x W20 x H22 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 179 lbs. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES5700's packaging.
The Lifan ES5700 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan ES5700 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES5700 compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- At a dry weight of 179 pounds, the Lifan ES5700 is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 4500 and 5500 running watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM6000XiE with only 106.9 pounds.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 75 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- The ES5700, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 10 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Cat RP5500, reaching around 15 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. In fact, this generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 50% load is around 0.65 GPH. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Genmax GM5500i, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.41 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
The Lifan ES5700 doesn't have any specs that exceed those of other generators of its class.
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the heavy side (179 lbs)
- On the noisy side (75 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5000 W|
|Starting watts||5700 W|
|Running amps||41.7 amps|
|Peak amps||47.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27 x 20 x 22 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||75 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES5700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||3992 W||4992 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||3990 W||4580 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||2950 W||5650 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.