Zoom on the Lifan ES4100E
In summary, the Lifan ES4100E is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES4100E is powered by a 212 cc (7 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3500W as well as a peak wattage of 4000W.
At a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), this generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery not included).
The ES4100E can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.33 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 4 gallons.
The control panel includes the following 7 AC outlets:
This Lifan generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The dimensions of the Lifan ES4100E, which are L25 x W20 x H24 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 118 lbs. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES4100E's packaging.
The Lifan ES4100E is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan ES4100E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES4100E compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- As its weight is 118 pounds, the Lifan ES4100E falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 3000-4000 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM3300i, standing at just 47.4 lbs.
- The generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 65 dBA. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Westinghouse iGen4500DF. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The ES4100E, offering a run time of around 12 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Predator 4375, reaching around 16 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.33 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Genmax GM3300i, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.22 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Lifan ES4100E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Electric start
- Decent weight (118 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (65 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- Battery not included
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4000 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peak amps||33.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25 x 20 x 24 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES4100E is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2792 W||3792 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2760 W||3350 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.