Zoom on the Lifan ES2200SC
In a nutshell, the Lifan ES2200SC is a compact and lightweight portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES2200SC's engine, 118 cc (4 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1800W and reaches a peak wattage of 2200W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), this generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 2 gallons, the ES2200SC can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH).
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Thanks to its closed design (L20 x W18 x H15 in), the Lifan ES2200SC has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
As the ES2200SC's weight is only 72 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, the convenient handle (molded in the case) greatly enhances the grip, making carrying the ES2200SC from A to B always an easy task.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES2200SC's packaging.
The Lifan ES2200SC is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan ES2200SC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES2200SC compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- At a dry weight of 72 pounds, the Lifan ES2200SC is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 1500 and 2500 running watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of only 34.2 lbs.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 63 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The ES2200SC, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 7 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Pulsar PG3250, boasting with around 16 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.29 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen2200, with a fuel consumption of 0.11 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Lifan ES2200SC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the heavy side (72 lbs)
- On the noisy side (63 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||118 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peak amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Fuel tank||2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 18 x 15 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES2200SC is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1192 W||2192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.