Zoom on the Lifan ES2200SC
In a nutshell, the Lifan ES2200SC is a compact and lightweight portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES2200SC's core is the 118 cc (4 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1800W and a peak wattage of 2200W.
With a noise rating of 60 dBA (just as noisy as an office), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The ES2200SC can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 2 gallons.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Thanks to its closed design (L20 x W18 x H15 in), the Lifan ES2200SC has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The ES2200SC's dry weight of 72 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. Moreover, displacement is an easy task, as the ES2200SC features a nifty handle (molded in the case), improving your grip greatly.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES2200SC's packaging.
The Lifan ES2200SC is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan ES2200SC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES2200SC compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- At a dry weight of 72 pounds, the Lifan ES2200SC is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 1500 and 2500 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 60 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with 7 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the ES2200SC is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching 20 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.29 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.12 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Lifan ES2200SC is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (60 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the heavy side (72 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Lifan ES2200SC?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||118 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Fuel tank||2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 18 x 15 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||60 dBA|
|Security||Overload and low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES2200SC is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.