Zoom on the Lifan ES2200SC
In summary, the Lifan ES2200SC is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES2200SC's engine, 118 cc (4 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1800W and reaches a peak wattage of 2200W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 60 dBA (just as noisy as background music). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the ES2200SC can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 2 gallons.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Thanks to its compact encased design (L20 x W18 x H15 in), the Lifan ES2200SC, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The 72 lbs of the ES2200SC's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, displacement is an easy task, as the ES2200SC features a nifty handle (molded in the case), improving your grip greatly.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES2200SC's packaging.
The Lifan ES2200SC is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan ES2200SC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES2200SC compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- A weight of 72 lbs makes the Lifan ES2200SC one of the heavier devices in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 60 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the ES2200SC, reaching around 7 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching around 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.29 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.12 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen2200 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Lifan ES2200SC is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (60 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the heavy side (72 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||118 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Fuel tank||2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 18 x 15 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||60 dBA|
|Security||Overload and low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES2200SC is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.