Zoom on the Lifan ES2000-CA
In summary, the Lifan ES2000-CA is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES2000-CA houses a 79 cc (3 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1400W along with a peak wattage of 1600W.
With a noise rating of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The ES2000-CA can operate for around 8 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
The Lifan ES2000-CA has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L17 x W13 x H15 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
With a dry weight of 51 lbs, the ES2000-CA can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. In addition, it is even easier to grab and move the generator around thanks to its open frame design.
A light indicator shows you if the generator is ready.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES2000-CA's packaging.
The Lifan ES2000-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
The Lifan ES2000-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES2000-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 500 and 1500 W).
- A weight of 51 lbs makes the Lifan ES2000-CA one of the heavier devices in the 500-1500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Sportsman GEN1000i, with a dry weight of just 20.3 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 63 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU1000i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 42 dBA.
- The ES2000-CA, offering a run time of around 8 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Pulsar PG2000, which is able to run for around 12 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Standing at an estimated 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Ryobi RYi1000, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 500-1500W generators, the Lifan ES2000-CA is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Acceptable noise (63 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- No spark arrestor
- On the heavy side (51 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1400 W|
|Starting watts||1600 W|
|Running amps||11.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||13.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17 x 13 x 15 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES2000-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||592 W||1592 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Total||1080 W||1500 W|
|For work||Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||1080 W||1080 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.