Zoom on the Lifan ES2000-CA
In a nutshell, the Lifan ES2000-CA is a compact and lightweight portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES2000-CA houses a 79 cc (3 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1400W along with a peak wattage of 1600W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The ES2000-CA can operate for around 8 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
The design of the Lifan ES2000-CA is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L17 x W13 x H15 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The ES2000-CA can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 51 lbs. Additionally, the generator’s mobility is also improved by its open frame design, as it can be easily grabbed and shifted.
The device’s light indicator will display if the generator is ready.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES2000-CA's packaging.
The Lifan ES2000-CA is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Lifan ES2000-CA versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES2000-CA compare to generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- With a dry weight of 51 pounds, the Lifan ES2000-CA finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 1000 and 2000 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the ECHO EGi-1200, standing at just 30 lbs.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 63 dBA can be judged as noisy. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The ES2000-CA, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 8 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with around 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.1 GPH, the Cat INV1250 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1000-2000W generators, the Lifan ES2000-CA is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (51 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (63 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1400 W|
|Starting watts||1600 W|
|Running amps||11.7 amps|
|Peak amps||13.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17 x 13 x 15 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES2000-CA is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||592 W||1592 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Total||1080 W||1500 W|
|For work||Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||1080 W||1080 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.