Zoom on the Lifan ES1500
In a nutshell, the Lifan ES1500 is a compact and lightweight portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Lifan ES1500's engine, 97 cc (3 hp) Lifan OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1200W and reaches a peak wattage of 1500W.
The generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music).
The fuel capacity of 1 gallon allows the ES1500 to operate for around 6 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
The control panel features the following AC outlet:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
The design of the Lifan ES1500 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L18 x W16 x H15 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
With a dry weight of 51 lbs, the ES1500 can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Moreover, displacement is an easy task, as the ES1500 features a nifty handle, improving your grip greatly.
The ES1500's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient voltmeter, which provides an easy way to monitor power output anytime.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Lifan also included a tool kit in the ES1500's packaging.
The Lifan ES1500 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Lifan ES1500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Lifan ES1500 compare to generators of similar power (between 500 and 1500 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 51 pounds, the Lifan ES1500 is one of the heavier generators producing between 500 and 1500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Sportsman GEN1000i, standing at just 20.3 lbs.
- As this generator can emit noise as low as 63 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU1000i. With just 42 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the ES1500, reaching 6 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Pulsar PG2000, which is able to run for 12 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.17 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Ryobi RYi1000, with a fuel consumption of 0.08 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 500-1500W generators, the Lifan ES1500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Acceptable noise (63 dBA)
- Only 1 AC outlet
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the heavy side (51 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Lifan ES1500?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||97 cc Lifan OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1200 W|
|Starting watts||1500 W|
|Running amps||10 amps|
|Peaks amps||12.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 16 x 15 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
LIFAN, or rather LIFAN Power USA, is a rather small and new company, based in Arizona. LIFAN’s range is comprised of engines and related products, such as pressure washers, water pumps and of course, generators – of which there is a surprising variety, including inverters, portable generators, but also high output, standby home generators. The company admirably admits that their primary (and most likely only) manufacturing facilities are located in China and their goal is to provide affordable products above all.
The Lifan ES1500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan generators, please consult Lifan's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.