Zoom on the KOHLER PRO12.3EFI
In summary, the KOHLER PRO12.3EFI is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- Prudent homeowners who want a backup power source in case of a power outage
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The KOHLER PRO12.3EFI is powered by a 694 cc KOHLER Command PRO® EFI OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 10500W as well as a peak wattage of 12300W.
With a noise rating of 79.9 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the PRO12.3EFI can also be remotely started (separate purchase).
With a fuel capacity of 8.7 gallons, the PRO12.3EFI may run for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.87 GPH). Refilling the fuel tank is facilitated by KOHLER’s Accu-Fill™ technology. It offers a 45% larger angled fuel inlet, which allows for an easier and safer pouring of gasoline as well as less spilling.
The PRO12.3EFI produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Even if this KOHLER generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, because the PRO12.3EFI is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The KOHLER PRO12.3EFI has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L35.2 x W22.4 x H30.3 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 306 pounds. Never less, thanks to a wheel kit (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The control panel of the PRO12.3EFI includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Sentry™ technology), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the KOHLER PRO12.3EFI's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The KOHLER PRO12.3EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
The KOHLER PRO12.3EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the KOHLER PRO12.3EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 11000 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 306 pounds, the KOHLER PRO12.3EFI is one of the heavier generators producing between 10000 and 11000 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, weighing just 218 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 79.9 dBA is on the noisier side. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, whose lowest noise levels reach just 69 dBA.
- Since the PRO12.3EFI boasts with a run time of around 10 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.87 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.78 GPH, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 10000-11000W generators, the KOHLER PRO12.3EFI is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Remote start capable
- Clean sine wave
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- On the expensive side
- No spark arrestor
- On the heavy side (306 lbs)
- On the noisy side (79.9 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||694 cc KOHLER Command PRO® EFI OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||10500 W|
|Starting watts||12300 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||87.5/43.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||102.5/51.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (SS2-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||8.7 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||35.2 x 22.4 x 30.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||79.9 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Kohler Co., founded in 1873 by John Michael Kohler, has been one of the leading US manufacturing companies for over a century, with its products ranging from furniture to power generators. Its American based Kohler Power division focuses on the latter, scaling from portable generators to industrial-scale devices. Its rich history and great reputation serve as a testament to the quality of their products. The company has in recent years outsourced some of its production overseas, to China, but US made generators can still be found among their product selection.
The KOHLER PRO12.3EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of KOHLER generators, please consult KOHLER's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-2444.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.