Price alert for: campingworld.com
Zoom on the Honda EU7000iS
In a nutshell, the Honda EU7000iS is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
Power & Run Time
The Honda EU7000iS's design includes a gasoline-fueled 389 cc Honda GX390 EFI OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 5500W and also a peak wattage of 7000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
The EU7000iS can operate for up to 18 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 5.1 gallons.
As the EU7000iS produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
While this Honda generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as the EU7000iS holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
Since the Honda EU7000iS is an inverter generator, its closed design (L33.4 x W27.6 x H28.4 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 261 pounds. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
One of the many EU7000iS's features is the iMonitor™ data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the power output, voltage and lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®).
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Honda EU7000iS's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start it right off the bat.
CO Minder (optional)
Note: The CO Minder is a new feature introduced in 2020 that is not yet present in all EU7000iS units. Make sure to select the "With CO Minder" tab above our retailers list if you wish to benefit from this feature.
Honda's CO Minder is a system that monitors the ambient carbon monoxide concentration, and automatically stops the engine if the sensor detects a CO level of or exceeding 800 parts per million (ppm) at a given time, or an average of 400 ppm for 10 minutes.
A CO alarm indicator will flash for about five minutes, during which it will be impossible to restart the engine.
While it’s a welcomed additional security feature, remember to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
The Honda EU7000iS is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Honda EU7000iS versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EU7000iS compare to generators of similar power (between 5000 and 6000 W).
- At a dry weight of 261 pounds, the Honda EU7000iS is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 5000 and 6000 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Westinghouse WGen5300v, with a dry weight of just 107 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the most quiet devices of similar power.
- With a run time of up to 18 hours at 25% load, the EU7000iS has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen5300s, which is able to run for up to 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.28 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse WGen5300v. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.24 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5000-6000W generators, the Honda EU7000iS is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- CO Minder (according to model)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- On the expensive side
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (261 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||389 cc Honda GX390 EFI OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5500 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||45.8/22.9 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||18 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||33.4 x 27.6 x 28.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Other model numbers||EU7000iSAT1, EU7000iAG|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EU7000iS is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4392 W||5492 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||4390 W||4980 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
What is the difference between the EU7000iS, the EU7000iSAT1 and the EU7000iAG?
The final "G" in "EU7000iAG" indicates that the unit includes the CO Minder technology. Regarding the rest of the model names, as a rule of thumb, they refer to the unit itself, but simply include more or less information regarding its specs, production batch, etc. Read how Honda name their generators.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.