Zoom on the Honda EU3000iS
In summary, the Honda EU3000iS is a quiet portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Honda EU3000iS's engine, 196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2800W and reaches a peak wattage of 3000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Honda parallel cables not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 50 dBA (just as noisy as a conversation at home), this inverter generator can be started via a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included), or a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the EU3000iS can operate for up to 20 hours (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the EU3000iS produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 12A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
While this Honda generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
As the Honda EU3000iS is an inverter generator, its encased design (L25.9 x W17.6 x H22 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 131 pounds.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Honda EU3000iS's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Honda EU3000iS is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Honda EU3000iS versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EU3000iS compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As its dry weight is 131 pounds, the Honda EU3000iS is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 2500 to 3500 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN GN400i, weighing just 66.1 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 50 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of up to 20 hours at 25% load, the EU3000iS benefits from one of the highest run time of generators of a similar output.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3200P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Honda EU3000iS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (50 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (131 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Electric, Recoil|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||20 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 12A|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||3.4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||25.9 x 17.6 x 22 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||50 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EU3000iS is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.