Zoom on the Honda EU3000iS
In a nutshell, the Honda EU3000iS is a quiet portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Honda EU3000iS is powered by a 196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2800W as well as a peak wattage of 3000W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Honda parallel cables not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
At a noise rating of 50 dBA (just as noisy as rainfall), this inverter generator can be started via a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included), or a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons, the EU3000iS can operate for up to 20 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the EU3000iS generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 12A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Honda generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Since the Honda EU3000iS is an inverter generator, its closed design (L25.9 x W17.6 x H22 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 131 lbs.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the oil level is too low, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Honda EU3000iS's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Honda EU3000iS is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Honda EU3000iS versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EU3000iS compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- At a dry weight of 131 pounds, the Honda EU3000iS is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 2500 and 3500 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Honda EG2800i, with a dry weight of just 66.6 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 50 dBA, this inverter generator places itself as one of the quietest of the products delivering similar power.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of 20 hours at 25% load, the EU3000iS benefits from one of the highest run time of generators of a similar output.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3200P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Honda EU3000iS is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (50 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (131 lbs)
Where to buy the Honda EU3000iS?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Electric, Recoil|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||20 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 12A|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||3.4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||25.9 x 17.6 x 22 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||50 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EU3000iS is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.