This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
If you were looking to purchase it, you may want to have a look at the Honda EU3000iS, which has similar specs.
You can also try to find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Honda EU3000i Handi
In summary, the Honda EU3000i Handi is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Honda EU3000i Handi's engine, 163 cc Honda GX160 OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2,600W and reaches a peak wattage of 3,000W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Honda parallel cables (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The EU3000i Handi can operate for up to 7.7 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
As the EU3000i Handi produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Honda generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L24.5 x W14.9 x H19.3 in), the Honda EU3000i Handi, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
With a dry weight of 78 lbs, the EU3000i Handi can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of 2 wheels and its folding handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Honda EU3000i Handi's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start it right off the bat. An official storage cover is available, as a separate purchase.
The Honda EU3000i Handi is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Honda EU3000i Handi versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EU3000i Handi compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Honda EU3000i Handi stands at only 78 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 2500-3500 rated wattage category If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of just 46 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar type and power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing up to 7.7 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the EU3000i Handi falls into the low end in comparison with other inverters of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Champion 200914, with up to 22 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|163 cc Honda GX160 OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|24.5 x 14.9 x 19.3 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Other model numbers
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EU3000i Handi is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Pair of small speakers
What is the difference between the EU3000i Handi and the EU3000iH1A?
These model numbers refer to the same unit, but simply include more or less information regarding its specs, production batch, etc. Read how Honda name their generators.
will this generator power a 15000 RV ac unit? (Asked March 04, 2021)
The approximate wattage required for starting a 15K BTU RV air conditioner is 3500 watts and the approximate wattage for running it is 1500. If your AC unit matches these wattages, the 3000i Handi will not be able to start it. You should determine the actual running and starting wattages of your appliance.