-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 42
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
If you were looking to purchase it, you may want to have a look at the Honda EU3000iS, which has similar specs.
You can also try to find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Honda EU3000i Handi
In a nutshell, the Honda EU3000i Handi is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Honda EU3000i Handi's core is the 163 cc Honda GX160 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2,600W and a peak wattage of 3,000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Honda parallel cables (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, the EU3000i Handi can operate for up to 7.7 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH).
The EU3000i Handi generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Honda generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The Honda EU3000i Handi's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L24.5 x W14.9 x H19.3 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
As the EU3000i Handi's weight is only 78 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 2 wheels and its folding handle, once it is on the ground.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®).
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Honda EU3000i Handi also comes with the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), allowing you to start it right away. An official storage cover is available, as a separate purchase.
The Honda EU3000i Handi is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Honda EU3000i Handi versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EU3000i Handi compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Honda EU3000i Handi weighs just 78 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage inverter generators. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, weighing just 46 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar type and power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- The EU3000i Handi's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 7.7 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200954, which is able to run for up to 22 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||163 cc Honda GX160 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,600 W|
|Starting watts||3,000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peak amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||7.7 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24.5 x 14.9 x 19.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Other model numbers||EU3000iH1A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EU3000i Handi is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1982 W||2982 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2070 W||2660 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
What is the difference between the EU3000i Handi and the EU3000iH1A?
These model numbers refer to the same unit, but simply include more or less information regarding its specs, production batch, etc. Read how Honda name their generators.
will this generator power a 15000 RV ac unit? (Asked March 04, 2021)
The approximate wattage required for starting a 15K BTU RV air conditioner is 3500 watts and the approximate wattage for running it is 1500. If your AC unit matches these wattages, the 3000i Handi will not be able to start it. You should determine the actual running and starting wattages of your appliance.