Zoom on the Honda EU2200i Camo
In summary, the Honda EU2200i Camo is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Honda EU2200i Camo houses a 121 cc Honda GXR120 OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1800W along with a peak wattage of 2200W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Honda parallel cables (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 48 dBA (less noisy than a library).
With a full tank, the EU2200i Camo can operate for up to 8.1 hours (fuel consumption around 0.12 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 0.95 gallon.
The EU2200i Camo generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A output allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Since the Honda EU2200i Camo is an inverter generator, its closed design (L20 x W11.4 x H16.7 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
With a weight of only 46.5 lbs, the EU2200i Camo may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
When the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Honda EU2200i Camo also comes with the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), allowing you to start it right away.
The Honda EU2200i Camo is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Honda EU2200i Camo versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EU2200i Camo compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Honda EU2200i Camo stands at only 46.5 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 1500-2500 rated wattage category Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 48 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the most quiet of the products delivering similar power.
- The EU2200i Camo’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 8.1 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with up to 26 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Standing at an estimated 0.12 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Predator 2000. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Honda EU2200i Camo is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (46.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (48 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||121 cc Honda GXR120 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||4 h|
|Run time @25% load||8.1 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A output|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.95 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 11.4 x 16.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||48 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EU2200i Camo is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1192 W||2192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
What is the difference between the EU2200i Camo and the ?
These model numbers refer to the same unit, but simply include more or less information regarding its specs, production batch, etc. Read how Honda name their generators.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.