Zoom on the Honda EU2200i Camo
In a nutshell, the Honda EU2200i Camo is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
Power & Run Time
The Honda EU2200i Camo's core is the 121 cc Honda GXR120 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1800W and a peak wattage of 2200W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Honda parallel cables not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 48 dBA (less noisy than bird calls), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 0.95 gallon, the EU2200i Camo can operate for up to 8.1 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.12 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the EU2200i Camo generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A output allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
The Honda EU2200i Camo's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L20 x W11.4 x H16.7 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the EU2200i Camo weighs just 46.5 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. A handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is on overload, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®) and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Honda EU2200i Camo's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, letting you start it right off the bat.
The Honda EU2200i Camo is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Honda EU2200i Camo versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EU2200i Camo compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- In terms of its dry weigh, the Honda EU2200i Camo stands at only 46.5 lbs, meaning that is one of the one of the lighter devices of the 1500-2500 rated wattage category If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56202i, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 48 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing 8.1 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the EU2200i Camo falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for 26 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.12 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.08 GPH, the Energizer eZV2000P is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Honda EU2200i Camo is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (46.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (48 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Honda EU2200i Camo?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||121 cc Honda GXR120 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||4 h|
|Run time @25% load||8.1 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A output|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.95 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 11.4 x 16.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||48 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EU2200i Camo is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.