Zoom on the Honda EU2200i Camo
In summary, the Honda EU2200i Camo is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
Power & Run Time
The Honda EU2200i Camo houses a 121 cc Honda GXR120 OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1800W along with a peak wattage of 2200W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Honda parallel cables not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 48 dBA (less noisy than bird calls), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 0.95 gallon, the EU2200i Camo can operate for up to 8.1 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.12 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the EU2200i Camo produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A output with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Since the Honda EU2200i Camo is an inverter generator, its closed design (L20 x W11.4 x H16.7 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
With the weight of only 46.5 lbs, the EU2200i Camo may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. Further convenience is provided by a handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
When the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Honda EU2200i Camo's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Honda EU2200i Camo is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Honda EU2200i Camo versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EU2200i Camo compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the Honda EU2200i Camo weighs only 46.5 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN 56202i with only 38.6 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 48 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power.
- The EU2200i Camo’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 8.1 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching up to 26 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.12 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Predator 2000. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Honda EU2200i Camo is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (46.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (48 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||121 cc Honda GXR120 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||4 h|
|Run time @25% load||8.1 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A output|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.95 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 11.4 x 16.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||48 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EU2200i Camo is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.