Zoom on the Honda EU1000i
In summary, the Honda EU1000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Honda EU1000i's engine, 49.4 cc Honda GXH50 OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 900W and reaches a peak wattage of 1000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Honda parallel cables not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 42 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a library), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 0.6 gallon allows the EU1000i to operate for up to 7.1 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.08 GPH).
The EU1000i generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L17.7 x W9.4 x H15 in), the Honda EU1000i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
The EU1000i is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 28.7 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by a handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
The device’s light indicators will display if the oil level is too low, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Honda EU1000i's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Honda EU1000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Honda EU1000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EU1000i compare to generators of similar power (between 500 and 1500 W).
- In terms of its dry weigh, the Honda EU1000i stands at only 28.7 lbs, meaning that is one of the one of the lighter devices of the 500-1500 rated wattage category In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Sportsman GEN1000i, standing at just 20.3 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 42 dBA, this inverter generator places itself as one of the quietest of the products delivering similar power.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the EU1000i, reaching 7.1 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Yamaha EF1000iS, boasting with 11.9 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.08 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Yamaha EF1000iS, with a fuel consumption of 0.06 GPH could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 500-1500W generators, the Honda EU1000i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (28.7 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (42 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Honda EU1000i?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||49.4 cc Honda GXH50 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||900 W|
|Starting watts||1000 W|
|Running amps||7.5 amps|
|Peaks amps||8.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||7.1 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 15A (5-15R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||0.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||17.7 x 9.4 x 15 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||42 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EU1000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.