Zoom on the Honda EB3000c
In summary, the Honda EB3000c is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Honda EB3000c's engine, 196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2600W and reaches a peak wattage of 3000W.
The generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office).
The EB3000c can operate for around 9.39 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 2.6 gallons.
The full GFCI control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
This Honda generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The Honda EB3000c has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L17.5 x W15.8 x H18.9 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
The EB3000c's dry weight of 71 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. In addition, it is even easier to grab and move the generator around thanks to its open frame design.
Thanks to Honda's patented CycloConverter (opens in a new tab) technology, the unit is lightweight and maintains stable power. It uses a CPU that conditions the raw power produced by the generator and eliminates the need for a bulky alternator. As this CPU reduces the number of parts in the generator, it results in a lighter weight and a smaller unit.
The device’s light indicators will display if its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®), giving you a peace of mind during use.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Honda EB3000c also comes with the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), allowing you to start it right away. An official storage cover is available, as a separate purchase.
The Honda EB3000c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Honda EB3000c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EB3000c compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Honda EB3000c weighs just 71 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- The generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 65 dBA. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- The EB3000c’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 9.39 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000X, which is able to run for around 16 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.28 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen4200, with a fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Honda EB3000c is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Full GFCI panel
- Lightweight (71 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (65 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9.39 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|GFCI outlets||Full panel|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||CycloConverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil and output ready|
|Fuel tank||2.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17.5 x 15.8 x 18.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Other model numbers||EB3000cK2A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EB3000c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1992 W||2992 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2060 W||2510 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
What is the difference between the EB3000c and the EB3000cK2A?
These model numbers refer to the same unit, but simply include more or less information regarding its specs, production batch, etc. Read how Honda name their generators.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.