Get this unit while stocks last, because Honda discontinued its production.
Zoom on the Honda EB3000c
In a nutshell, the Honda EB3000c is a compact and lightweight portable generator mostly geared towards:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Honda EB3000c's engine, 196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2600W and reaches a peak wattage of 3000W.
At a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), the generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 2.6 gallons, the EB3000c may run for around 9.39 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
The full GFCI control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
This Honda generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The dimensions of the Honda EB3000c, which are L17.5 x W15.8 x H18.9 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
As the EB3000c's weight is only 71 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. In addition, it is even easier to grab and move the generator around thanks to its open frame design.
Thanks to Honda's patented CycloConverter (opens in a new tab) technology, the unit is lightweight and maintains stable power. It uses a CPU that conditions the raw power produced by the generator and eliminates the need for a bulky alternator. As this CPU reduces the number of parts in the generator, it results in a lighter weight and a smaller unit.
When the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the Honda EB3000c is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helping you start the device right away. An official storage cover is available, as a separate purchase.
The Honda EB3000c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Honda EB3000c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EB3000c compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Honda EB3000c weighs just 71 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Genmax GM3300i, with a dry weight of only 47.4 lbs.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 65 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- The EB3000c, offering a run time of around 9.39 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Predator 4375, boasting with around 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.28 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen4200, with a fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Honda EB3000c is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Full GFCI panel
- Lightweight (71 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (65 dBA)
- Decent run time
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peak amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9.39 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|GFCI outlets||Full panel|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||CycloConverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil and output ready|
|Fuel tank||2.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17.5 x 15.8 x 18.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Other model numbers||EB3000cK2A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EB3000c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1962 W||2962 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2070 W||2660 W|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
What is the difference between the EB3000c and the EB3000cK2A?
These model numbers refer to the same unit, but simply include more or less information regarding its specs, production batch, etc. Read how Honda name their generators.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.