Zoom on the Honda EB3000c
In a nutshell, the Honda EB3000c is a compact and lightweight portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Honda EB3000c's core is the 196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2600W and a peak wattage of 3000W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), this generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 2.6 gallons, the EB3000c may run for around 9.39 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
The full GFCI control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
While this Honda generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The dimensions of the Honda EB3000c, which are L17.5 x W15.8 x H18.9 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the EB3000c's weight is only 71 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. In addition, it is even easier to grab and move the generator around thanks to its open frame design.
Thanks to Honda's patented CycloConverter technology, the unit is lightweight and maintains stable power. It uses a CPU that conditions the raw power produced by the generator and eliminates the need for a bulky alternator. As this CPU reduces the number of parts in the generator, it results in a lighter weight and a smaller unit.
The device’s light indicators will display if the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Honda EB3000c also comes with the basic documentation and a user manual, allowing you to start it right away.
The Honda EB3000c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Honda EB3000c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EB3000c compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Honda EB3000c has only 71 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN GN400i with only 66.1 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 65 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- The EB3000c’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 9.39 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000, as it provides around 16 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.28 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen4200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.17 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Honda EB3000c is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Full GFCI panel
- Lightweight (71 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (65 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9.39 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|GFCI outlets||Full panel|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R) GFCI
|Indicators||Low oil and output ready|
|Fuel tank||2.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||17.5 x 15.8 x 18.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EB3000c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.