Zoom on the Honda EB3000c
In summary, the Honda EB3000c is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Honda EB3000c's core is the 196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2600W and a peak wattage of 3000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 2.6 gallons, the EB3000c can operate for around 9.39 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
The full GFCI control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
This Honda generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Honda EB3000c has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L17.5 x W15.8 x H18.9 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the EB3000c's weight is only 71 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. In addition, it is even easier to grab and move the generator around thanks to its open frame design.
Thanks to Honda's patented CycloConverter (opens in a new tab) technology, the unit is lightweight and maintains stable power. It uses a CPU that conditions the raw power produced by the generator and eliminates the need for a bulky alternator. As this CPU reduces the number of parts in the generator, it results in a lighter weight and a smaller unit.
The light indicators show you if the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Honda EB3000c also comes with the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), allowing you to start it right away.
The Honda EB3000c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Honda EB3000c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EB3000c compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Honda EB3000c only weighs in at 71 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 65 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- The EB3000c’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 9.39 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000X, which is able to run for around 16 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.28 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen4200, with a fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Honda EB3000c is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Full GFCI panel
- Lightweight (71 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (65 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9.39 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|GFCI outlets||Full panel|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||CycloConverter|
|Indicators||Low oil and output ready|
|Fuel tank||2.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17.5 x 15.8 x 18.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Other model numbers||EB3000cK2A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EB3000c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1962 W||2962 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2070 W||2660 W|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
What is the difference between the EB3000c and the EB3000cK2A?
These model numbers refer to the same unit, but simply include more or less information regarding its specs, production batch, etc. Read how Honda name their generators.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.