This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Honda EB3000c
In summary, the Honda EB3000c is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Honda EB3000c's core is the 196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2,600W and a peak wattage of 3,000W.
At a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), the generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the EB3000c can operate for around 9.39 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 2.6 gallons.
The full GFCI control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
While this Honda generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Honda EB3000c has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L17.5 x W15.8 x H18.9 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
The 71 lbs of the EB3000c's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, grabbing and moving this product is made even easier by its open frame design.
Thanks to Honda's patented CycloConverter (opens in a new tab) technology, the unit is lightweight and maintains stable power. It uses a CPU that conditions the raw power produced by the generator and eliminates the need for a bulky alternator. As this CPU reduces the number of parts in the generator, it results in a lighter weight and a smaller unit.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the Honda EB3000c is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helping you start the device right away. An official storage cover is available, as a separate purchase.
The Honda EB3000c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Honda EB3000c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EB3000c compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As for its weight, the Honda EB3000c weighs only 71 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of only 46 lbs.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 65 dBA. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- The EB3000c, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 9.39 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Predator 4375, with around 16 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.28 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a fuel consumption of 0.22 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Full GFCI panel
- Lightweight (71 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (65 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2,600 W|
|Starting watts||3,000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peak amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9.39 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|GFCI outlets||Full panel|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||CycloConverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil and output ready|
|Fuel tank||2.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||17.5 x 15.8 x 18.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Other model numbers||EB3000cK2A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EB3000c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1992 W||2992 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2060 W||2510 W|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
What is the difference between the EB3000c and the EB3000cK2A?
These model numbers refer to the same unit, but simply include more or less information regarding its specs, production batch, etc. Read how Honda name their generators.
What kind of oil should I use? (Asked June 21, 2022)
SAE 10W-30 is recommended for general, all-temperature use.