Zoom on the Honda EB3000c
In a nutshell, the Honda EB3000c is a compact and lightweight portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The Honda EB3000c's core is the 196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2600W and a peak wattage of 3000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 2.6 gallons allows the EB3000c to operate for around 9.39 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
The full GFCI control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Even though this Honda generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Honda EB3000c has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L17.5 x W15.8 x H18.9 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The EB3000c can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 71 lbs. Additionally, the generator’s mobility is also improved by its open frame design, as it can be easily grabbed and displaced.
Thanks to Honda's patented CycloConverter technology, the unit is lightweight and maintains stable power. It uses a CPU that conditions the raw power produced by the generator and eliminates the need for a bulky alternator. As this CPU reduces the number of parts in the generator, it results in a lighter weight and a smaller unit.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the Honda EB3000c is packaged with the standard documentation and a user manual, helping you start the device right away.
The Honda EB3000c is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Honda EB3000c versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EB3000c compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Honda EB3000c weighs just 71 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Honda EG2800i, with a dry weight of only 66.6 lbs.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 65 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with 9.39 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the EB3000c is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000, as it provides 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator This generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.28 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.17 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Honda EB3000c is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Full GFCI panel
- Lightweight (71 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (65 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Honda EB3000c?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9.39 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|GFCI outlets||Full panel|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R) GFCI
|Indicators||Low oil and output ready|
|Fuel tank||2.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||17.5 x 15.8 x 18.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EB3000c is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.