Zoom on the Honda EB2200i
In summary, the Honda EB2200i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
Power & Run Time
The Honda EB2200i houses a 121 cc Honda GXR120 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1800W along with a peak wattage of 2200W.
With a noise rating of 48 dBA (less noisy than bird calls), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the EB2200i can operate for up to 8.1 hours (fuel consumption around 0.12 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 0.95 gallon.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the EB2200i generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The full GFCI control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
The Honda EB2200i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L20 x W11.4 x H16.7 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Weighing just 46.5 lbs, the EB2200i can be considered a lightweight portable generator. The device can be easily moved by just one person and thus, its power may be enjoyed on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by a handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is on overload, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®) and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Honda EB2200i's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Honda EB2200i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Honda EB2200i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Honda EB2200i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Honda EB2200i has only 46.5 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 48 dBA, this inverter generator places itself as one of the quietest of the products delivering similar power.
- As for its autonomy, the EB2200i, with an autonomy of up to 8.1 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for up to 26 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.12 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Predator 2000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Honda EB2200i is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Full GFCI panel
- Lightweight (46.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (48 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||121 cc Honda GXR120 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||8.1 h|
|GFCI outlets||Full panel|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.95 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 11.4 x 16.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||48 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1948, the Japanese Honda Motor Company has gained notoriety for consistently producing top quality engines, motor-powered vehicles and devices. Over the years, the company has gained a strong reputation in the motorcycle, automobile, but also power tool industry. Honda’s power tool division has been producing power tools since 1953, including tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers and of course, power generators. While the company has expanded globally and moved a majority of its production out of Japan into other Asian countries, Honda is to this day known as a legend among the generator manufacturers.
The Honda EB2200i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Honda generators, please consult Honda's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-770-497-6400.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.