Zoom on the Genmax GM9000iE
In a nutshell, the Genmax GM9000iE is a powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM9000iE's design includes a gasoline-fueled 458 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 7600W and also a peak wattage of 9000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (GM9000PK (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be increased if linked to a second compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). The GM9000iE can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
The fuel capacity of 6.9 gallons allows the GM9000iE to operate for up to 14.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.48 GPH).
As the GM9000iE produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
As it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the GM9000iE is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L30.9 x W22.6 x H29.3 in), the Genmax GM9000iE, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 233.7 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its set of 2 wheels (⌀7") and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
One of the many GM9000iE's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours, power output, frequency and voltage and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Genmax GM9000iE also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel, tool kit and key fob.
The Genmax GM9000iE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM9000iE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM9000iE compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 233.7 pounds, the Genmax GM9000iE is one of the heavier generators producing between 7500 and 8500 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Dewalt DXGNR8000, with a dry weight of just 183 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 62 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Champion 100719. With just 61 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The GM9000iE's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 14.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the DuroMax XP9000iH, boasting with up to 20 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. In fact, this inverter generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 25% load is around 0.48 GPH. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.35 GPH, the DuroMax XP9000iH is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the Genmax GM9000iE is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (62 dBA)
- On the expensive side
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- On the heavy side (233.7 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||458 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||7600 W|
|Starting watts||9000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||63.3/31.7 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||75/37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||14.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30.9 x 22.6 x 29.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||62 dBA|
|Compliance||EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM9000iE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6075 W||7575 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6060 W||6650 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4480 W||8980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.