Zoom on the Genmax GM9000iE
In summary, the Genmax GM9000iE is a powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM9000iE's core is the 458 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 7,600W and a peak wattage of 9,000W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (GM9000PK (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
With a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). The GM9000iE can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 6.9 gallons, the GM9000iE can operate for up to 14.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.48 GPH).
As the GM9000iE produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
As the GM9000iE holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L30.9 x W22.6 x H29.3 in), the Genmax GM9000iE, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Since the generator weighs 233.7 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its set of 2 wheels (⌀7") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
One of the many GM9000iE's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours, frequency, power output and voltage and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is on overload.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Genmax GM9000iE also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, funnel and key fob.
The Genmax GM9000iE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM9000iE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM9000iE compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- A weight of 233.7 lbs makes the Genmax GM9000iE one of the heavier devices in the 7500-8500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Westinghouse ecoGen10000, with a dry weight of only 147.7 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 62 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the most quiet of the products of similar power.
- The GM9000iE's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 14.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the DuroMax XP10000HX, boasting with up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.48 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the DuroMax XP9000iH, with a fuel consumption of 0.35 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the Genmax GM9000iE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (62 dBA)
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- On the heavy side (233.7 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|458 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke
|Recoil, Electric, Remote
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Steel, 6.9 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|30.9 x 22.6 x 29.3 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Bonded to frame
|Funnel, tool kit, key fob, and battery
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM9000iE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
|Cell phone charger
|Air compressor (1 hp)
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.