Zoom on the Genmax GM9000iE
In summary, the Genmax GM9000iE is a powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM9000iE's design includes a gasoline-fueled 458 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 7600W and also a peak wattage of 9000W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the GM9000iE can be remotely started (key fob included).
With a full tank, the GM9000iE can operate for up to 14.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.48 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 6.9 gallons.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the GM9000iE produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
Because the GM9000iE is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
Since the Genmax GM9000iE is an inverter generator, its closed design (L30.9 x W22.6 x H29.3 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 233.7 lbs. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of 2 wheels (⌀7") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
Monitoring of the GM9000iE's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the power output, voltage, lifetime run hours and frequency and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Genmax GM9000iE also comes with some accessories: key fob, tool kit and funnel are included.
The Genmax GM9000iE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Genmax GM9000iE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM9000iE compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- At a dry weight of 233.7 pounds, the Genmax GM9000iE is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 7500 and 8500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Dewalt DXGNR8000, standing at just 183 lbs.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 62 dBA, it can be considered as one of the most quiet of the products generating similar power.
- As for its autonomy, the GM9000iE, with an autonomy of up to 14.5 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Predator 9500, which is able to run for up to 18.5 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.48 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Predator 9500, with a fuel consumption of 0.37 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (62 dBA)
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- On the heavy side (233.7 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||458 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||7600 W|
|Starting watts||9000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||63.3/31.7 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||75/37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||14.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30.9 x 22.6 x 29.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||62 dBA|
|Compliance||EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Genmax GM9000iE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6075 W||7575 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6060 W||6650 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4480 W||8980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.