Zoom on the Genmax GM7250iEDC
In a nutshell, the Genmax GM7250iEDC is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Genmax GM7250iEDC allows for an output of 120/240V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 6,000W and a starting wattage of 7,250W. If propane-powered, it gives 5,500 rated watts and 6,500 starting watts. In addition, the device is parallel capable (GM9000PK parallel cable (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). For additional convenience, the GM7250iEDC may also be remotely started (key fob included).
With a fuel capacity of 3.6 gallons, the GM7250iEDC can operate for up to 10 hours using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH), or for up to 9 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.52 GPH) using propane.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the GM7250iEDC generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Genmax unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, the unit features an ATS plug, which makes it compatible with automatic transfer switches.
The Genmax GM7250iEDC's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L24.2 x W19.5 x H21.9 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Since the generator weighs 144.6 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Still, once it is on the ground, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
A digital data center, one of the features of the GM7250iEDC's control panel, gives you information on the lifetime run hours, power output, fuel level and voltage, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Genmax GM7250iEDC also is packed along with the following accessories: key fob, funnel, propane hose and tool kit.
The Genmax GM7250iEDC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM7250iEDC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM7250iEDC compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Genmax GM7250iEDC weighs just 144.6 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 5500 to 6500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO, with a dry weight of only 118 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 63 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU7000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 10 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the GM7250iEDC is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP7500DX, as it provides up to 18 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the DuroMax XP7500DX. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.29 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Genmax GM7250iEDC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Dual Fuel
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- USB-C port
- ATS plug
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (144.6 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (63 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- 1-year warranty
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||312 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||6,000 W||5,500 W|
|Starting watts||7,250 W||6,500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps||45.8/22.9 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h||7 h *|
|Run time @25% load||10 h||9 h *|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Fuel tank||3.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24.2 x 19.5 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, propane hose, and battery|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM7250iEDC is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4797 W||6272 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||4780 W||5200 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4540 W||7240 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.