Zoom on the Genmax GM6000XiE
In summary, the Genmax GM6000XiE is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM6000XiE is powered by a 312 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 5250W as well as a peak wattage of 6000W.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 3.8 gallons, the GM6000XiE can operate for up to 13 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the GM6000XiE produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
Due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the GM6000XiE is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L22.2 x W18.1 x H17.7 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Genmax GM6000XiE offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 106.9 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Still, once it is on the ground, its set of wheels (⌀8") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
A digital data center, one of the features of the GM6000XiE's control panel, gives you information on the lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Genmax GM6000XiE also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit and funnel.
The Genmax GM6000XiE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Genmax GM6000XiE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM6000XiE compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Genmax GM6000XiE weighs just 106.9 pounds and thus, it is one of the lightest 4500 to 5500 rated wattage generators.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 70 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing up to 13 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the GM6000XiE falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen5500, with up to 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.29 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.27 GPH, the Genmax GM5500i is a device you could look out for.
The bottom line
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (106.9 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (70 dBA)
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||312 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||5250 W|
|Starting watts||6000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||43.8/21.9 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||13 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 3.8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.2 x 18.1 x 17.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Compliance||EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Genmax GM6000XiE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||4195 W||5295 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||4190 W||4780 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||3280 W||5980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.