Zoom on the Genmax GM6000XiE
In summary, the Genmax GM6000XiE is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM6000XiE's design includes a gasoline-fueled 312 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 5,250W and also a peak wattage of 6,000W.
At a noise rating of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a shower), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 3.8 gallons, the GM6000XiE may run for up to 13 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH).
The GM6000XiE produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
As it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the GM6000XiE is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The design of the Genmax GM6000XiE is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L22.2 x W18.1 x H17.7 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 106.9 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its set of wheels (⌀8") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
Monitoring of the GM6000XiE's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Genmax GM6000XiE also comes with some accessories: tool kit and funnel are included.
The Genmax GM6000XiE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM6000XiE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM6000XiE compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Genmax GM6000XiE weighs just 106.9 pounds and thus, it is one of the lightest 4500 to 5500 rated wattage generators.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 70 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- The GM6000XiE's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 13 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EU7000iS, with up to 16 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.29 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Genmax GM5500i, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.27 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (106.9 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (70 dBA)
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||312 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||5,250 W|
|Starting watts||6,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||43.8/21.9 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||13 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 3.8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.2 x 18.1 x 17.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Compliance||EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM6000XiE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4187 W||5662 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||4180 W||4600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||3280 W||5980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.