Zoom on the Genmax GM6000XiE
In a nutshell, the Genmax GM6000XiE is a compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM6000XiE houses a 312 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 5,250W along with a peak wattage of 6,000W.
At a noise rating of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a shower), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 3.8 gallons allows the GM6000XiE to operate for up to 13 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the GM6000XiE produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
As the GM6000XiE holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The Genmax GM6000XiE has the following dimensions: L22.2 x W18.1 x H17.7 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 106.9 lbs. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its set of wheels (⌀8") and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
Monitoring of the GM6000XiE's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Genmax GM6000XiE's package also includes these accessories: funnel and tool kit.
The Genmax GM6000XiE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM6000XiE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM6000XiE compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Genmax GM6000XiE only weighs in at 106.9 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 4500-5500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN5600, standing at just 103.6 lbs.
- The inverter generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 70 dBA. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU7000iS. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As for its autonomy, the GM6000XiE, with an autonomy of up to 13 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the DuroMax XP5500EH, reaching up to 19 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.29 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the DuroMax XP5500EH. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.21 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 4500-5500W inverter generators, the Genmax GM6000XiE is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (106.9 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (70 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|312 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Lifetime run hours
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Steel, 3.8 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|22.2 x 18.1 x 17.7 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Bonded to frame
|Funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM6000XiE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.