Zoom on the Genmax GM4600iAEFIC
In a nutshell, the Genmax GM4600iAEFIC is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM4600iAEFIC is powered by a 159 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3,800W as well as a peak wattage of 4,600W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (GM6000SPK (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be increased if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office). For additional convenience, the GM4600iAEFIC may also be remotely started (key fob included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.7 gallon, the GM4600iAEFIC can operate for up to 9 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.19 GPH).
The GM4600iAEFIC generates a clean sine wave: providing <5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This Genmax generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Genmax GM4600iAEFIC's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L20.9 x W12.2 x H19.7 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
With a dry weight of 58.4 lbs, the GM4600iAEFIC can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle, once it is on the ground.
To help you monitor the GM4600iAEFIC's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the frequency, voltage, fuel level, power output and lifetime run hours. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Genmax GM4600iAEFIC, the following accessories are also included: dual port USB adapter, tool kit, battery charger, funnel, key fob and oil.
The Genmax GM4600iAEFIC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM4600iAEFIC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM4600iAEFIC compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Genmax GM4600iAEFIC has only 58.4 lbs, which renders it one of the lightest inverter generators which produce 3500 to 4500 rated watts.
- As this inverter generator has its lowest possible noise of 63 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF with only 52 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the GM4600iAEFIC, reaching up to 9 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other inverters of a roughly equal output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Firman W03661OF, as it provides up to 25 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.19 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Champion 200988, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.16 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 3500-4500W inverter generators, the Genmax GM4600iAEFIC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Illuminated control panel
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Lightweight (58.4 lbs)
- The unit can be connected in series to get 240V output
- Decent fuel efficiency
- 1-year warranty
- On the noisy side (63 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|159 cc OHV 4-stroke
|Recoil, Electric, Remote
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|20.9 x 12.2 x 19.7 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charger, dual port USB adapter, and battery
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM4600iAEFIC is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Pair of small speakers
|Microwave (1000 watts)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.