Zoom on the Genmax GM3300i
In summary, the Genmax GM3300i is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM3300i houses a 145 cc (5.2 hp) Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3,000W along with a peak wattage of 3,300W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1 gallon, the GM3300i can operate for up to 6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
The GM3300i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This Genmax generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Genmax GM3300i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L18.9 x W11.4 x H17.3 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Weighing just 47.4 lbs, the GM3300i can be considered a lightweight portable generator. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
When the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is overloaded, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Genmax GM3300i's package also includes these accessories: tool kit and funnel.
The Genmax GM3300i is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM3300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM3300i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Genmax GM3300i has only 47.4 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter inverter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of only 46 lbs.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 62 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 6 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the GM3300i is on the low end when compared to other inverter generators of a similar power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200914, reaching up to 22 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Genmax GM3300i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (47.4 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (62 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|145 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Plastic, 1 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|18.9 x 11.4 x 17.3 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Funnel and tool kit
|Country of origin
|Other model numbers
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM3300i is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
How many ounces oil does a genmax 3300i take (Asked May 18, 2022)
Engine oil capacity is 15.3 fl. oz.
Where and how can I find parts for this product? I am having trouble finding anything for this generator (Asked July 15, 2022)
Replacement parts can be ordered directly through GenMax: 1-866-960-2920.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.