Zoom on the Genmax GM3300i
In summary, the Genmax GM3300i is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM3300i's design includes a gasoline-fueled 145 cc (5.2 hp) Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 3000W and also a peak wattage of 3300W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The GM3300i can operate for up to 6 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
The GM3300i generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Genmax generator is RV Ready.
The Genmax GM3300i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L18.9 x W11.4 x H17.3 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The GM3300i is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 47.4 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Genmax GM3300i also comes with some accessories: tool kit and funnel are included.
The Genmax GM3300i is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Genmax GM3300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM3300i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Genmax GM3300i has only 47.4 lbs, which renders it one of the lightest generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 62 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- The GM3300i's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 6 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, as it provides up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Genmax GM3300i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (47.4 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (62 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||145 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||3000 W|
|Starting watts||3300 W|
|Running amps||25 amps|
|Peak amps||27.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||4.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Plastic, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18.9 x 11.4 x 17.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||62 dBA|
|Compliance||EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Funnel and tool kit|
|Other model numbers||GE-3300A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Genmax GM3300i is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2292 W||3292 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2390 W||2980 W|
|Total||2130 W||3230 W|
How many ounces oil does a genmax 3300i take (Asked May 18, 2022)
Engine oil capacity is 15.3 fl. oz.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.