Zoom on the Genmax GM3300i
In summary, the Genmax GM3300i is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM3300i houses a 145 cc (5.2 hp) Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3000W along with a peak wattage of 3300W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the GM3300i can operate for up to 6 hours (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the GM3300i generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Genmax generator is RV Ready.
The Genmax GM3300i's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L18.9 x W11.4 x H17.3 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
With a weight of only 47.4 lbs, the GM3300i may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
The device’s light indicators will display if the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Genmax GM3300i also comes with some accessories: tool kit and funnel are included.
The Genmax GM3300i is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM3300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM3300i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Genmax GM3300i only weighs in at 47.4 pounds, which means it's one of the lightest inverter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 62 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the GM3300i, reaching up to 6 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other inverters of a roughly equal output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, which is able to run for up to 22 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3500P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Genmax GM3300i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (47.4 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (62 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||145 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||3000 W|
|Starting watts||3300 W|
|Running amps||25 amps|
|Peak amps||27.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||4.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||6 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Plastic, 1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18.9 x 11.4 x 17.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||62 dBA|
|Compliance||EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Funnel and tool kit|
|Other model numbers||GE-3300A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM3300i is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2292 W||3292 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2390 W||2980 W|
|Total||2130 W||3230 W|
How many ounces oil does a genmax 3300i take (Asked May 18, 2022)
Engine oil capacity is 15.3 fl. oz.
Where and how can I find parts for this product? I am having trouble finding anything for this generator (Asked July 15, 2022)
Replacement parts can be ordered directly through GenMax: 1-866-960-2920.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.