Zoom on the Genmax GM2800iAE
In a nutshell, the Genmax GM2800iAE is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM2800iAE's engine, 145 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2,500W and reaches a peak wattage of 2,800W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the GM2800iAE can also be remotely started (key fob included).
The fuel capacity of 1.7 gallon allows the GM2800iAE to operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
The GM2800iAE generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Genmax generator is RV Ready.
The Genmax GM2800iAE's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L20.7 x W12.2 x H19.7 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The GM2800iAE can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 54 lbs. In addition, with its set of 2 wheels (⌀4") and its handle (molded in the case), it may be shifted with ease, once placed on the floor.
A digital data center, one of the features of the GM2800iAE's control panel, gives you information on the power output, voltage, fuel level, frequency and lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is on overload, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Genmax GM2800iAE, the following accessories are also included: tool kit, key fob and funnel.
The Genmax GM2800iAE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM2800iAE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM2800iAE compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2000 and 3000 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Genmax GM2800iAE stands at only 54 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 2000-3000 rated wattage category If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the WEN 56360i, with a dry weight of just 46.3 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest emitted noise of 62 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The GM2800iAE, falls within the average autonomy range compared to inverter generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 10 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EU3000iS, as it provides up to 20 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Standing at an estimated 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Cummins Onan P2500i, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2000-3000W inverter generators, the Genmax GM2800iAE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (54 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- On the noisy side (62 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||145 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2,500 W|
|Starting watts||2,800 W|
|Running amps||20.8 amps|
|Peak amps||23.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.7 x 12.2 x 19.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||62 dBA|
|Compliance||EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, and battery|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM2800iAE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1792 W||2792 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1990 W||2580 W|
|Total||1650 W||2750 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.