Zoom on the Genmax GM2800iAE
In summary, the Genmax GM2800iAE is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM2800iAE's design includes a gasoline-fueled 145 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2,500W and also a peak wattage of 2,800W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), this inverter generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the GM2800iAE can be remotely started (key fob included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.7 gallon, the GM2800iAE can operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the GM2800iAE generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
This Genmax generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Genmax GM2800iAE is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L20.7 x W12.2 x H19.7 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The GM2800iAE can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 54 lbs. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 2 wheels (⌀4") and its handle (molded in the case), once it is on the ground.
To help you monitor the GM2800iAE's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the power output, frequency, lifetime run hours, fuel level and voltage.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Genmax GM2800iAE also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, tool kit and key fob.
The Genmax GM2800iAE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM2800iAE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM2800iAE compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2000 and 3000 W).
- Weight-wise, the Genmax GM2800iAE has only 54 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter inverter generators which produce 2000 to 3000 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56360i, weighing just 46.3 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 62 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- As the GM2800iAE offers up to 10 hours run time on a full tank at a 25% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the inverter generators of a similar power. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, with up to 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen2800, with a fuel consumption of 0.08 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 2000-3000W inverter generators, the Genmax GM2800iAE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (54 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- On the noisy side (62 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|145 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke
|Recoil, Electric, Remote
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|20.7 x 12.2 x 19.7 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Bonded to frame
|Funnel, tool kit, key fob, and battery
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM2800iAE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|AC (10,000 BTU)
|Electric fence (25 miles)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.