-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 17
Zoom on the Genmax GM2800iAE
In summary, the Genmax GM2800iAE is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM2800iAE's core is the 145 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2,500W and a peak wattage of 2,800W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the GM2800iAE can also be remotely started (key fob included).
The fuel capacity of 1.7 gallon allows the GM2800iAE to operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the GM2800iAE produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This Genmax generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Genmax GM2800iAE's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L20.7 x W12.2 x H19.7 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
With a dry weight of 54 lbs, the GM2800iAE can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its set of 2 wheels (⌀4") and its handle (molded in the case).
To help you monitor the GM2800iAE's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the fuel level, voltage, lifetime run hours, power output and frequency.
In addition to this info, when the generator is overloaded, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Genmax GM2800iAE also is packed along with the following accessories: key fob, funnel and tool kit.
The Genmax GM2800iAE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM2800iAE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM2800iAE compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2000 and 3000 W).
- As for its weight, the Genmax GM2800iAE weighs only 54 pounds, making it one of the lighter inverter generators in the 2000-3000 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Westinghouse iGen2500, standing at just 46.3 lbs.
- As this inverter generator has its lowest possible noise of 62 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- As the GM2800iAE offers up to 10 hours run time on a full tank at a 25% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the inverter generators of a similar power. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EU3000iS, as it provides up to 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Standing at an estimated 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen2500, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2000-3000W inverter generators, the Genmax GM2800iAE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (54 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
- On the noisy side (62 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||145 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||2,500 W|
|Starting watts||2,800 W|
|Running amps||20.8 amps|
|Peak amps||23.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.7 x 12.2 x 19.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||62 dBA|
|Compliance||EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, and battery|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM2800iAE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Total||1792 W||2792 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||1980 W||2430 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1650 W||2750 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.