Zoom on the Genmax GM1200i
In summary, the Genmax GM1200i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM1200i is powered by a 57 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 1,000W as well as a peak wattage of 1,200W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 0.7 gallon, the GM1200i can operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.07 GPH).
As the GM1200i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
Since the Genmax GM1200i is an inverter generator, its closed design (L16.5 x W9.5 x H15.7 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The GM1200i is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 25.3 lbs. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
Good to know: This unit ranks 4th in our list of the 10 smallest portable generators.
The light indicators show you if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is overloaded.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Genmax GM1200i also comes with some accessories: RV adapter, funnel and tool kit are included.
The Genmax GM1200i is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM1200i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM1200i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Genmax GM1200i only weighs in at 25.3 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter inverter generators in the 1000-2000 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar PGD16iSCO, with a dry weight of just 24 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 58 dBA can be judged as noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- Given that the GM1200i reaches an autonomy of up to 10 hours with a full tank and at 25% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful inverter generators. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the DuroMax XP2300iH, reaching up to 13 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.07 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 1000-2000W inverter generators, the Genmax GM1200i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (25.3 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (58 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No data center
- Not CARB-compliant
- 1-year warranty
Features and Specifications
|57 cc Dinking OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Plastic, 0.7 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|16.5 x 9.5 x 15.7 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, and parallel cables
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM1200i is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.