Zoom on the Genmax GM10500iETC
In summary, the Genmax GM10500iETC is a powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
Power & Run Time
The Genmax GM10500iETC delivers 120/240V and benefits from a tri-fuel technology that allows it to run on gasoline, propane, or natural gas. When gasoline-powered, it enjoys a running wattage of 8,500W and a peak wattage of 10,500W. When propane-powered, it benefits from 8,000 rated watts and 9,500 peak watts. Its natural gas operation offers 6,800W of rated wattage and 8,400W of starting wattage. The impressive running wattage makes this unit one of the biggest inverter generators currently on the market. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 64 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). The GM10500iETC can also be remotely started, offering further convenience (key fob included).
The GM10500iETC, with a fuel capacity of 6.9 gallons, reaches a run time of around 8.1 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.85 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 4 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 1.18 GPH) with propane.
As the GM10500iETC produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Since the GM10500iETC bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage. The unit also features an ATS plug, which makes it compatible with automatic transfer switches.
The Genmax GM10500iETC's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L30.9 x W22.6 x H29.3 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 244.7 lbs. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of 2 wheels and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The control panel of the GM10500iETC includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours, power output, frequency and voltage. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also benefits from Genmax's CO DETECT technology, which is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Genmax GM10500iETC's package also includes these accessories: neutral bonding plug, tool kit, natural gas hose with NPT adapter, propane hose, key fob, RV adapter, funnel, cover and battery charger.
The Genmax GM10500iETC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Genmax GM10500iETC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Genmax GM10500iETC compare to multi-fuel generators of similar power (between 8000 and 9000 W).
- With its weight of 244.7 lbs, the Genmax GM10500iETC is one of the heavier multi-fuel generators in the 8000-9000 rated wattage category. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Westinghouse iGen11000DFc, weighing just 187.4 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 64 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Pulsar PGD105TiSCO, whose lowest noise levels reach just 62 dBA.
- The GM10500iETC's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only around 8.1 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 100416, as it provides around 12.5 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.85 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 8000-9000W multi-fuel generators, the Genmax GM10500iETC is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- One of the biggest inverter generators on the market
- Illuminated control panel
- CO DETECT technology
- Several accessories included
- ATS plug
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (64 dBA)
- On the expensive side
- 1-year warranty
- On the heavy side (244.7 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|Tri-Fuel (gasoline/propane/natural gas)
|458 cc OHV 4-stroke
|Recoil, Electric, Remote
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|4 h *
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|30.9 x 22.6 x 29.3 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charger, natural gas hose with NPT adapter, propane hose, RV adapter, cover, neutral bonding plug, and battery
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
GENMAX is a new portable generator brand registered by the Chongqing Dinking Power Machinery Co. LTD., which itself was founded in 2010 and is currently located in Chongqing, China. Dinking specializes in the general motor industry and manufactures portable generators, power sources, water pumps, garden machinery and construction machinery for foreign markets. Among most notable achievements are Dinking’s exclusive contract with Hyundai and 5th place in the ranking of Chinese foreign trade exporters in general motor industry (2016). GENMAX brand portfolio includes a sizeable selection of gas-powered generators covering all common wattage categories.
The Genmax GM10500iETC is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Genmax generators, please contact the Genmax Customer Support: 1-866-960-2920.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
|Microwave (1000 watts)
|Air compressor (1 hp)
Where is it made? (Asked September 02, 2023)
The unit is manufactured in China.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.