Zoom on the Generac GP3300
In summary, the Generac GP3300 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
Power & Run Time
The Generac GP3300 is powered by a 163 cc (208 hp) Generac OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3300W as well as a peak wattage of 3750W.
This generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 3.35 gallons, the GP3300 can operate for around 10.3 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.33 GPH).
As the GP3300 has a relatively high THD (<25%), it is not recommended to use it to power sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
The Generac GP3300 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L24.2 x W22.5 x H21 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 101.5 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit (⌀8") and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The control panel of the GP3300 includes an illuminated data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Generac GP3300 also comes with some accessories: RV adapter and oil are included.
The Generac GP3300 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Generac GP3300 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Generac GP3300 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 101.5 lbs, the Generac GP3300 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Honda EG2800i, standing at just 66.6 lbs.
- As the GP3300 offers 10.3 hours run time on a full tank at a 50% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000, as it provides 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator Standing at an estimated 0.33 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.17 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Generac GP3300 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Decent weight (101.5 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
Where to buy the Generac GP3300?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||163 cc Generac OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3300 W|
|Starting watts||3750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||27.5/13.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||31.3/15.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.3 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 20A (L14-20R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 3.35 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||24.2 x 22.5 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil and RV adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Generac Power Systems is an American based generator and power equipment manufacturer, founded in 1959. As its name suggests, the main focus of Generac are power generators, and other related electric equipment, such as switches, paralleling systems and small engines. The company has several manufacturing facilities based in the US, thus, their products are made in the USA. However, the company provides no information about the origin of their components.
The Generac GP3300 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Generac generators, please consult Generac's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.