Zoom on the Generac GP3300
In a nutshell, the Generac GP3300 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Generac GP3300's core is the 163 cc (208 hp) Generac OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 3300W and a peak wattage of 3750W.
This generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The GP3300 can operate for around 10.3 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.33 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 3.35 gallons.
The powering of sensitive electronic devices with the GP3300 is not recommended due to its relatively high THD (<25%).
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
With its dimensions of L24.2 x W22.5 x H21 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Generac GP3300 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 101.5 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit (⌀8") and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
The control panel of the GP3300 includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Generac GP3300 also comes with several accessories, including: RV adapter and oil.
The Generac GP3300 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Generac GP3300 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Generac GP3300 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- With a dry weight of 101.5 pounds, the Generac GP3300 finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- Given that the GP3300 reaches an autonomy of around 10.3 hours with a full tank and at 50% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Honda EB4000, reaching around 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. As this generator uses an estimated 0.33 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen4200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.17 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Generac GP3300 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Decent weight (101.5 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||163 cc Generac OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3300 W|
|Starting watts||3750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||27.5/13.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||31.3/15.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.3 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 20A (L14-20R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 3.35 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||24.2 x 22.5 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil and RV adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Generac Power Systems is an American based generator and power equipment manufacturer, founded in 1959. As its name suggests, the main focus of Generac are power generators, and other related electric equipment, such as switches, paralleling systems and small engines. The company has several manufacturing facilities based in the US, thus, their products are made in the USA. However, the company provides no information about the origin of their components.
The Generac GP3300 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Generac generators, please consult Generac's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.