Zoom on the Generac XG10000E
In a nutshell, the Generac XG10000E is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- Prudent homeowners who want a backup power source in case of a power outage
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Generac XG10000E houses a 530 cc Generac OHVI 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 10000W along with a peak wattage of 12500W.
This generator features a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 10 gallons, the XG10000E may run for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1 GPH).
The XG10000E is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<20%).
The control panel includes the following 7 AC outlets:
This Generac generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the XG10000E is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L30 x W29.5 x H31 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Generac XG10000E offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Since the generator weighs 300 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
One of the many XG10000E's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and power output (via the PowerBar™) and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the Generac XG10000E's package also includes these accessories: tool kit and oil.
The Generac XG10000E is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Generac XG10000E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Generac XG10000E compare to generators of similar power (between 9500 and 10500 W).
- With its weight of 300 lbs, the Generac XG10000E is one of the heavier generators in the 9500-10500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Rainier R12000DF with only 196 pounds.
- The XG10000E, offering a run time of 10 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen9500, boasting with 12 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 1 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Rainier R12000DF, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 9500-10500W generators, the Generac XG10000E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Decent run time
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the heavy side (300 lbs)
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Generac XG10000E?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||530 cc Generac OHVI 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||10000 W|
|Starting watts||12500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||104.2/52.1 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|Data center||Power output and lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||10 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.5 x 31 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Generac Power Systems is an American based generator and power equipment manufacturer, founded in 1959. As its name suggests, the main focus of Generac are power generators, and other related electric equipment, such as switches, paralleling systems and small engines. The company has several manufacturing facilities based in the US, thus, their products are made in the USA. However, the company provides no information about the origin of their components.
The Generac XG10000E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Generac generators, please consult Generac's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.