Zoom on the Ford FG7750PE
In summary, the Ford FG7750PE is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Ford FG7750PE's design includes a gasoline-fueled 420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 6250W and also a peak wattage of 7750W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), this generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The FG7750PE can operate for around 10.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons.
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
This Ford generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, since the FG7750PE bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
With its dimensions of L30 x W29.5 x H25 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Ford FG7750PE offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 181 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the FG7750PE's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Ford FG7750PE also comes with several accessories, including: oil, funnel and tool kit.
The Ford FG7750PE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Ford FG7750PE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG7750PE compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- At a weight of 181 pounds, the Ford FG7750PE places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 5500-6500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Lifan LF7250, with a dry weight of only 140 lbs.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 76 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- The FG7750PE, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 10.5 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Cat RP5500, which is able to run for around 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. As this generator uses an estimated 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.38 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Ford FG7750PE is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Decent weight (181 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6250 W|
|Starting watts||7750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||64.6/32.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.5 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG7750PE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4967 W||6442 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4985 W||5405 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||4960 W||7660 W|
Why is the Ford model FG7750PE generator not sold in Southern California? (Asked October 16, 2019)
Because it's not CARB-compliant.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.