Zoom on the Ford FG7750PE
In a nutshell, the Ford FG7750PE is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners and participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Ford FG7750PE houses a 420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 6250W along with a peak wattage of 7750W.
With a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons allows the FG7750PE to operate for around 10.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH).
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Even if this Ford generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, as the FG7750PE holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The design of the Ford FG7750PE is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L30 x W29.5 x H25 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 181 pounds. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the FG7750PE's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with .
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Ford FG7750PE also comes with some accessories: tool kit, funnel and oil are included.
The Ford FG7750PE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Ford FG7750PE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG7750PE compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- With a dry weight of 181 pounds, the Ford FG7750PE finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 5500 and 6500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Lifan LF7250, with a dry weight of just 140 pounds.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 76 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing 10.5 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the FG7750PE falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Cat RP5500, boasting with 15 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, with a fuel consumption of 0.38 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Ford FG7750PE is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Decent weight (181 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Ford FG7750PE?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6250 W|
|Starting watts||7750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||64.6/32.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.5 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit and funnel|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG7750PE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.