Zoom on the Ford FG7750PE
In summary, the Ford FG7750PE is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Ford FG7750PE's core is the 420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 6250W and a peak wattage of 7750W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner), this generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons, the FG7750PE may run for around 10.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH).
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
Even if this Ford generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, since the FG7750PE bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The design of the Ford FG7750PE is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L30 x W29.5 x H25 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 181 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
To help you monitor the FG7750PE's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Ford FG7750PE also comes with several accessories, including: oil, tool kit and funnel.
The Ford FG7750PE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Ford FG7750PE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG7750PE compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- With a dry weight of 181 pounds, the Ford FG7750PE finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 5500 and 6500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Lifan LF7250, with a dry weight of just 140 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this generator with a lowest emitted noise of 76 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU7000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 10.5 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the FG7750PE is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Cat RP5500, reaching around 15 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Standing at an estimated 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.38 GPH, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Ford FG7750PE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Decent weight (181 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6250 W|
|Starting watts||7750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||64.6/32.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.5 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG7750PE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
QWhy is the Ford model FG7750PE generator not sold in Southern California? (Asked October 16, 2019)
ABecause it's not CARB-compliant.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.