-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 4
Zoom on the Ford FG7750PE
In a nutshell, the Ford FG7750PE is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Ford FG7750PE's design includes a gasoline-fueled 420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 6,250W and also a peak wattage of 7,750W.
With a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons allows the FG7750PE to operate for around 10.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
While this Ford generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, since the FG7750PE bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The dimensions of the Ford FG7750PE, which are L30 x W29.5 x H25 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 181 lbs. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The control panel of the FG7750PE includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Ford FG7750PE also comes with several accessories, including: oil, tool kit and funnel.
The Ford FG7750PE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Ford FG7750PE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG7750PE compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- As its weight is 181 pounds, the Ford FG7750PE falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 5500-6500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar G65BN with only 126 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 76 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- As the FG7750PE offers around 10.5 hours run time on a full tank at a 50% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Predator 6500, with around 14.5 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. As this generator uses an estimated 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the A-iPower SUA7000L, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.36 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Decent weight (181 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No 50-amp output
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6,250 W|
|Starting watts||7,750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||64.6/32.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.5 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG7750PE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4962 W||6462 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||4990 W||5580 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||4960 W||7660 W|
Why is the Ford model FG7750PE generator not sold in Southern California? (Asked October 16, 2019)
Because it's not CARB-compliant.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.