Zoom on the Ford FG7750PE
In summary, the Ford FG7750PE is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Ford FG7750PE houses a 420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 6250W along with a peak wattage of 7750W.
With a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a full tank, the FG7750PE can operate for around 10.5 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons.
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Even though this Ford generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, since the FG7750PE bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The Ford FG7750PE has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L30 x W29.5 x H25 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 181 lbs. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
One of the many FG7750PE's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Ford FG7750PE, the following accessories are also included: funnel, tool kit and oil.
The Ford FG7750PE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Ford FG7750PE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG7750PE compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 181 lbs, the Ford FG7750PE belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 5500 and 6500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Lifan LF7250, standing at just 140 lbs.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 76 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU7000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the FG7750PE, reaching around 10.5 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Cat RP5500, which is able to run for around 15 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. As this generator uses an estimated 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.38 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Ford FG7750PE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Decent weight (181 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6250 W|
|Starting watts||7750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||64.6/32.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.5 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG7750PE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4967 W||6442 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4985 W||5405 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||4960 W||7660 W|
Why is the Ford model FG7750PE generator not sold in Southern California? (Asked October 16, 2019)
Because it's not CARB-compliant.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.