Zoom on the Ford FG7750PBE
In a nutshell, the Ford FG7750PBE is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Ford FG7750PBE allows for an output of 120/240V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 6250W and a starting wattage of 7750W. If propane-powered, it gives 6000 rated watts and 7500 starting watts.
Ford’s patented Switch & Go technology allows you to switch from propane to gasoline or from gasoline to propane while the generator is running.
Enjoying a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower), this generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The running time of the FG7750PBE, with its 6.6 gallons fuel capacity, can reach around 10.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH). With propane, it can reach around 8 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.59 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
This Ford generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, because the FG7750PBE is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
With its dimensions of L30 x W29.5 x H25 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Ford FG7750PBE offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 201 pounds. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The control panel of the FG7750PBE includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Ford FG7750PBE, the following accessories are also included: tool kit, propane hose, oil and funnel.
The Ford FG7750PBE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Ford FG7750PBE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG7750PBE compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 201 lbs, the Ford FG7750PBE belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 5500 and 6500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar G65BN with only 126 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 76 dBA is on the noisier side. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU7000iS. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 10.5 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the FG7750PBE falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Cat RP5500, boasting with around 15 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. As this generator uses an estimated 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.38 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Ford FG7750PBE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Switch & Go technology
- Decent weight (201 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6250 W||6000 W|
|Starting watts||7750 W||7500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps||50/25 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||64.6/32.3 amps||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.5 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG7750PBE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4962 W||6462 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||4990 W||5580 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||4960 W||7660 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.