Zoom on the Ford FG7750PBE
In a nutshell, the Ford FG7750PBE is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Ford FG7750PBE provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 6250W along with a peak wattage of 7750W. While propane-powered, it provides 6000 rated watts and 7500 starting watts.
Ford’s patented Switch & Go technology allows you to switch from propane to gasoline or from gasoline to propane while the generator is running.
The generator is rated for a noise of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
Regarding its running time, the FG7750PBE, with a 6.6 gallons fuel capacity can operate for around 10.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH). When using propane, it can run for around 8 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.59 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
While this Ford generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, since the FG7750PBE bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
With its dimensions of L30 x W29.5 x H25 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Ford FG7750PBE offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the generator's weight is 201 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the FG7750PBE's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with .
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Ford FG7750PBE, the following accessories are also included: tool kit, oil, funnel and propane hose.
The Ford FG7750PBE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Ford FG7750PBE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG7750PBE compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- As its weight is 201 pounds, the Ford FG7750PBE falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 5500-6500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Lifan LF7250 with only 140 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 76 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU7000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 10.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Cat RP5500, as it provides 15 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.38 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Ford FG7750PBE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Switch & Go technology
- Decent weight (201 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Ford FG7750PBE?
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6250 W||6000 W|
|Starting watts||7750 W||7500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps||50/25 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||64.6/32.3 amps||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.5 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG7750PBE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.