Zoom on the Ford FG7750PBE
In a nutshell, the Ford FG7750PBE is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Ford FG7750PBE provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 6,250W along with a peak wattage of 7,750W. While propane-powered, it provides 6,000 rated watts and 7,500 starting watts.
Ford’s patented Switch & Go technology allows you to switch from propane to gasoline or from gasoline to propane while the generator is running.
At a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), this generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
As for its running time, the FG7750PBE, along with its 6.6 gallons fuel capacity, can run for around 10.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.63 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 8 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.59 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
This Ford generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, because the FG7750PBE is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The design of the Ford FG7750PBE is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L30 x W29.5 x H25 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 201 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
One of the many FG7750PBE's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Ford FG7750PBE also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, propane hose, tool kit and oil.
The Ford FG7750PBE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Ford FG7750PBE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG7750PBE compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- A weight of 201 lbs makes the Ford FG7750PBE one of the heavier dual fuel devices in the 5500-6500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO with only 118 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 76 dBA is on the noisier side. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO, whose lowest noise levels reach just 62 dBA.
- Since the FG7750PBE boasts with a run time of around 10.5 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most dual fuel generators of a comparable output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Firman H05751, which is able to run for around 12 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.63 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.42 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W dual fuel generators, the Ford FG7750PBE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Dual Fuel
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Switch & Go technology
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No 50-amp output
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the heavy side (201 lbs)
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||420 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6,250 W||6,000 W|
|Starting watts||7,750 W||7,500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps||50/25 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||64.6/32.3 amps||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10.5 h||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.5 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG7750PBE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4967 W||6442 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4985 W||5405 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||4960 W||7660 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.