Zoom on the Ford FG11050PBE
In summary, the Ford FG11050PBE is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Ford FG11050PBE delivers 120/240V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 9000W and a peak wattage of 11050W. When propane-powered, it has 8550 rated watts and 10500 peak watts.
Ford’s patented Switch & Go technology allows you to switch from propane to gasoline or from gasoline to propane while the generator is running.
The generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 78 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner).
The running time of the FG11050PBE, with its 6.6 gallons fuel capacity, can reach around 9.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.69 GPH). With propane, it can reach around 8 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.59 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
While this Ford generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
With its dimensions of L30 x W29.3 x H25 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Ford FG11050PBE offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the generator's weight is 211 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Never less, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The control panel of the FG11050PBE includes , helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Ford FG11050PBE also comes with some accessories: propane hose, oil, funnel and tool kit are included.
The Ford FG11050PBE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Ford FG11050PBE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG11050PBE compare to generators of similar power (between 8500 and 9500 W).
- As for its weight, the Ford FG11050PBE weighs only 211 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 8500-9500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Rainier R12000DF, with a dry weight of just 196 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 78 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the A-iPower SUA12000ED, whose lowest noise levels reach just 69 dBA.
- The FG11050PBE, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of 9.5 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WPro8500, reaching 12 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.69 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Rainier R12000DF, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 8500-9500W generators, the Ford FG11050PBE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Switch & Go technology
- Lightweight for its kind (211 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
Where to buy the Ford FG11050PBE?
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||457 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||9000 W||8550 W|
|Starting watts||11050 W||10500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||75/37.5 amps||71.3/35.6 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||92.1/46 amps||87.5/43.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9.5 h||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.3 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG11050PBE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.