Zoom on the Ford FG11050PBE
In a nutshell, the Ford FG11050PBE is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Ford FG11050PBE provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 9000W along with a peak wattage of 11050W. While propane-powered, it provides 8550 rated watts and 10500 starting watts.
Ford’s patented Switch & Go technology allows you to switch from propane to gasoline or from gasoline to propane while the generator is running.
The generator is rated for a noise of 78 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
Regarding its running time, the FG11050PBE, with a 6.6 gallons fuel capacity can operate for around 9.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.69 GPH). When using propane, it can run for around 8 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.59 GPH).
The FG11050PBE produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
This Ford generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The design of the Ford FG11050PBE is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L30 x W29.3 x H25 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 211 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Never less, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The control panel of the FG11050PBE includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Ford FG11050PBE also comes with some accessories: tool kit, propane hose, funnel and oil are included.
The Ford FG11050PBE is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Ford FG11050PBE versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Ford FG11050PBE compare to generators of similar power (between 8500 and 9500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Ford FG11050PBE weighs just 211 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 8500 to 9500 rated wattage generators. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Rainier R12000DF, with a dry weight of just 196 pounds.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 78 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the A-iPower SUA12000ED, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 69 dBA.
- Offering around 9.5 hours of running time on a full tank at 50% load, the FG11050PBE is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WPro8500, as it provides around 12 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.69 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.55 GPH, the Rainier R12000DF is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 8500-9500W generators, the Ford FG11050PBE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Switch & Go technology
- Clean sine wave
- Lightweight for its kind (211 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||457 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||9000 W||8550 W|
|Starting watts||11050 W||10500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||75/37.5 amps||71.3/35.6 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||92.1/46 amps||87.5/43.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9.5 h||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29.3 x 25 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Even though Ford is most commonly known for Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company, the historically renowned US-based car manufacturer founded in 1903, its trademark appears on various other products, including power equipment. Ford Power Equipment sells affordable portable generators, water pumps and pressure washers. While generators are licensed under the Ford trademark, they are in fact manufactured and distributed by Pulsar Inc., which manufactures its products in Asia. However, the company promises great customer service, pre-delivery testing, and their products receive overall very good reviews.
The Ford FG11050PBE is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Ford generators, please contact the Ford Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.