Gas + Manual start
Dual fuel + Electric start
Zoom on the Firman W03661OF
In summary, the Firman W03661OF is a portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
Power & Run Time
The Firman W03661OF is powered by a 208 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3,650W as well as a peak wattage of 4,500W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), this power can be increased when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 69 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The W03661OF can operate for up to 25 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.24 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 6 gallons.
As the W03661OF produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 3 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets and a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Firman unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. Its L5-30R receptacle can also be used for a simple RV connection with the included L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
Important note: The 14-50R outlet is normally 120/240V. However, this unit does not produce 240V. This outlet is here for your convenience, but should only be used to power 120V appliances. In addition, since the generator provides a maximum of 3650 running watts, it will not be possible to draw the full 50 amps from the outlet.
The design of the Firman W03661OF is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L24.5 x W24.1 x H23 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 106 pounds. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of wheels (⌀9") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The control panel of the W03661OF includes a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
The W03661OF also benefits from Firman’s CO Alert carbon monoxide shutdown, which automatically shuts down the engine when harmful levels of carbon monoxide accumulate around the generator or a CO Alert fault occurs.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Firman W03661OF's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, funnel and oil.
The Firman W03661OF is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Firman W03661OF versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman W03661OF compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 106 lbs, the Firman W03661OF belongs in the expected weight range for inverter generators which produce 3500 to 4500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Genmax GM4600iAEFIC, with a dry weight of only 58.4 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 69 dBA is on the noisier side. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- With a run time of up to 25 hours at 25% load, the W03661OF has one of the highest run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.24 GPH at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.16 GPH, the Champion 200988 is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 3500-4500W inverter generators, the Firman W03661OF is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Alert technology
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel capable
- High run time
- Decent weight (106 lbs)
- No 240V output
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (69 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|208 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Steel, 6 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|24.5 x 24.1 x 23 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and wheel kit
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman W03661OF is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
|Cell phone charger
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.