Zoom on the Firman W03386
In a nutshell, the Firman W03386 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Firman W03386's core is the 193 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3,300W and a peak wattage of 3,650W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Firman parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the W03386 can be remotely started (key fob included).
With a fuel capacity of 1.8 gallon, the W03386 may run for up to 9 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH).
The W03386 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries and a 5V USB port (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This Firman generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L23.2 x W17.8 x H17.9 in), the Firman W03386, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
As the W03386's weight is only 91 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 2 wheels (⌀5") and its folding handle, once it is on the ground.
The W03386's control center features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
The W03386 also benefits from Firman’s CO Alert carbon monoxide shutdown, which automatically shuts down the engine when harmful levels of carbon monoxide accumulate around the generator or a CO Alert fault occurs.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Firman W03386 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, tool kit, battery charging cables, battery charger, key fob and funnel.
The Firman W03386 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Firman W03386 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman W03386 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- At a weight of 91 pounds, the Firman W03386 places in the expected weight range of the inverter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, weighing just 46 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 58 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar type and power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- The W03386's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 9 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Champion 200914, boasting with up to 22 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. In fact, this inverter generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 25% load is around 0.2 GPH. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.13 GPH, the Energizer eZV3500P is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Firman W03386 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Alert technology
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Decent weight (91 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|193 cc OHV 4-stroke
|Recoil, Electric, Remote
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A receptacle
1x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Plastic, 1.8 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|23.2 x 17.8 x 17.9 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charger, battery charging cables, and battery
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman W03386 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Pair of small speakers
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
|Pair of small speakers
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.