Zoom on the Firman W03383
In a nutshell, the Firman W03383 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Firman W03383 houses a 193 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3,300W along with a peak wattage of 3,650W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Firman parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the W03383 can also be remotely started (key fob included).
The W03383 can operate for up to 9 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.8 gallon.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the W03383 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Firman generator is RV Ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L23.2 x W17.8 x H17.9 in), the Firman W03383, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
As the W03383's weight is only 91 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 2 wheels (⌀5") and its folding handle, once it is on the ground.
The W03383's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Firman W03383, the following accessories are also included: key fob, funnel, tool kit, oil, battery charger and battery charging cables.
The Firman W03383 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Firman W03383 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman W03383 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As its weight is 91 pounds, the Firman W03383 falls in the expected weight range of the inverters in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO with only 46 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 58 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 9 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the W03383 is on the low end when compared to other inverter generators of a similar power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200914, reaching up to 22 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.2 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3500P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Firman W03383 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Decent weight (91 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||193 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,300 W|
|Starting watts||3,650 W|
|Running amps||27.5 amps|
|Peak amps||30.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||9 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle |
1x 5V USB port
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Plastic, 1.8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.2 x 17.8 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charger, battery charging cables, and battery|
|Country of origin||China|
|Other model numbers||W3650iR|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman W03383 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2637 W||3637 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2635 W||3225 W|
|Total||2500 W||3600 W|
Can it be used with a generlink (Asked May 26, 2021)
No. GenerLink requires a 240V, 4-pronged outlet. The unit only provides 120V.
Does this generator have two engine speeds? (Asked August 27, 2021)
The unit features an ECO mode, which allows the engine speed to idle during periods of non-use.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.