Zoom on the Firman W03083
In a nutshell, the Firman W03083 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
Power & Run Time
The Firman W03083's engine, 171 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 3,000W and reaches a peak wattage of 3,300W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Firman parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the W03083 can also be remotely started (key fob included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.8 gallon, the W03083 can operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH).
The W03083 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets and a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Firman generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
As the Firman W03083 is an inverter generator, its encased design (L23.2 x W17.8 x H17.9 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
With a dry weight of 90 lbs, the W03083 can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its set of 2 wheels (⌀5") and its folding handle.
The control panel of the W03083 includes a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Firman W03083 also comes with some accessories: battery charging cables, tool kit, key fob, funnel and oil are included.
The Firman W03083 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Firman W03083 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman W03083 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 90 lbs, the Firman W03083 belongs in the expected weight range for inverters which can produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of just 46 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 58 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the W03083, reaching up to 10 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other inverters of a roughly equal output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200914, reaching up to 22 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.13 GPH, the Energizer eZV3500P is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Firman W03083 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Decent weight (90 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||171 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,000 W|
|Starting watts||3,300 W|
|Running amps||25 amps|
|Peak amps||27.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port
1x 12V 8A receptacle
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.2 x 17.8 x 17.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charging cables, and battery|
|Other model numbers||W3300iR|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman W03083 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2282 W||3282 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2380 W||2800 W|
|Total||2130 W||3230 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.