Zoom on the Firman W01784
In a nutshell, the Firman W01784 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Firman W01784's build contains a gasoline-fueled 80 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1700W and also a peak wattage of 2100W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
With a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The W01784 can operate for up to 9 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the W01784 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
Even though this Firman generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L20 x W12.1 x H16.7 in), the Firman W01784, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the W01784 weighs just 45.9 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
The light indicators show you if the generator is on overload, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Firman W01784 also comes with several accessories, including: oil, funnel, battery charging cables, RV adapter and tool kit.
The Firman W01784 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Firman W01784 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman W01784 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the Firman W01784 weighs only 45.9 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN 56202i with only 38.6 pounds.
- As this inverter generator has its lowest possible noise of 59 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the W01784, with an autonomy of 9 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with 26 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Energizer eZV2000P. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (45.9 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (59 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- No spark arrestor
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||80 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1700 W|
|Starting watts||2100 W|
|Running amps||14.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||17.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||9 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Plastic, 0.9 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 12.1 x 16.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman W01784 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.