Zoom on the Firman W01781
In summary, the Firman W01781 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Firman W01781's engine, 80 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1700W and reaches a peak wattage of 2100W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Firman parallel kit not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The W01781 can operate for up to 9 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 0.9 gallon.
The W01781 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets and a 12V 5A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
As the Firman W01781 is an inverter generator, its encased design (L20 x W12.1 x H16.7 in) offers more esthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
With the weight of only 45.9 lbs, the W01781 may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. The device can be easily moved by just one person and thus, its power may be enjoyed on-the-go. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
The light indicators show you if the generator is ready, the generator is overloaded and its oil levels are insufficient.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Firman W01781, the following accessories are also included: funnel, oil, battery charging cables and tool kit.
The Firman W01781 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Firman W01781 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman W01781 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Firman W01781 weighs just 45.9 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1500 to 2500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- This inverter generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 59 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with 9 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the W01781 is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides 26 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV2000P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Firman W01781 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (45.9 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (59 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Firman W01781?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||80 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1700 W|
|Starting watts||2100 W|
|Running amps||14.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||17.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||4.25 h|
|Run time @25% load||9 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port |
1x 12V 5A (cigarette lighter style)
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||Plastic, 0.9 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 12.1 x 16.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, funnel and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman W01781 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.