Zoom on the Firman W01682
In a nutshell, the Firman W01682 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Firman W01682's engine, 80 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1600W and reaches a peak wattage of 2000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 54 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 0.9 gallon, the W01682 can operate for up to 9 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH).
As the W01682 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
While this Firman generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L20 x W12.1 x H16.7 in), the Firman W01682, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Weighing just 45.9 lbs, the W01682 can be considered a lightweight portable generator. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Firman W01682 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, RV adapter, tool kit and funnel.
The Firman W01682 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Firman W01682 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman W01682 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Firman W01682 weighs just 45.9 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1500 to 2500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 54 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the W01682, reaching up to 9 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching up to 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Predator 2000. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Firman W01682 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (45.9 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (54 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||80 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||9 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 12.1 x 16.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||54 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, and parallel cables|
|Other model numbers||W2000i|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman W01682 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Will it be better to buy two of these 1600 running watts and parallel them together to get 3200 watts or buy the single 3000 running watts generator (Asked March 05, 2021)
That's essentially a matter of taste and/or budget. Either way has its pros and cons.
What is the total output if I run two of the WO1682 units together? Thank you. Don (Asked July 06, 2021)
3200W with a 30-amp parallel kit.
What type oil does it take (Asked August 28, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.
when you shut the fuel off will it run and empty the carburetor of fuel to keep carb cleaned out (Asked September 17, 2021)
When the fuel shut-off valve is closed, the generator will keep running until fuel starvation has stopped the engine.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.