Zoom on the Firman T08072
In a nutshell, the Firman T08072 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Firman T08072 delivers 120/240V and benefits from a tri-fuel technology that allows it to run on gasoline, propane, or natural gas. When gasoline-powered, it enjoys a running wattage of 8,000W and a peak wattage of 10,000W. When propane-powered, it benefits from 7,250 rated watts and 9,050 peak watts. Its natural gas operation offers 5,500W of rated wattage and 6,900W of starting wattage.
The generator is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
As for its running time, the T08072, along with its 8 gallons fuel capacity, can run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 5 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.94 GPH).
The quite high THD (<14%) of the T08072 makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Firman unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. Its L5-30R receptacle can also be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. In addition, as the T08072 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L29.8 x W27.5 x H26.1 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Firman T08072 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 213 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The T08072's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the generator is ready.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
The T08072 also benefits from Firman’s CO Alert carbon monoxide shutdown, which automatically shuts down the engine when harmful levels of carbon monoxide accumulate around the generator or a CO Alert fault occurs.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Firman T08072's package also includes these accessories: oil, tool kit, funnel, natural gas hose with NPT adapter and propane hose.
The Firman T08072 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Firman T08072 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman T08072 compare to multi-fuel generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- With a dry weight of 213 pounds, the Firman T08072 finds itself in the expected weight range for multi-fuel generators able to produce between 7500 and 8500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Cummins Onan P9500df, with a dry weight of just 194 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 74 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Pulsar PGD95BiSCO. With just 62 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- With a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the T08072 has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Champion 100416, boasting with around 12.5 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.67 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.55 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 7500-8500W multi-fuel generators, the Firman T08072 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Alert technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- 4 different AC outlet types
- Electric start
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (213 lbs)
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (74 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Tri-Fuel (gasoline/propane/natural gas)
|439 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|5 h *
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|Steel, 8 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|29.8 x 27.5 x 26.1 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, natural gas hose with NPT adapter, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman T08072 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|Air compressor (1 hp)
Running my other generator, everything powered up in my house except my furnace, the newer furnaces electronics have problems with dirty power from most generators , just wondering how clean is the electricity from this firman generator (Asked December 26, 2022)
The unit's THD can reach 14% at full load, which is not suitable for powering equipment that contains sensitive electronic components.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.