-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 18
Zoom on the Firman T08072
In summary, the Firman T08072 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Firman T08072 delivers 120/240V and benefits from a tri-fuel technology that allows it to run on gasoline, propane, or natural gas. When gasoline-powered, it enjoys a running wattage of 8,000W and a peak wattage of 10,000W. When propane-powered, it benefits from 7,250 rated watts and 9,050 peak watts. Its natural gas operation offers 5,500W of rated wattage and 6,900W of starting wattage.
The generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher).
The running time of the T08072, with its 8 gallons fuel capacity, can reach around 12 hours at 50% load on a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH). With propane, it can reach around 5 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.94 GPH).
Since the T08072 has a somewhat high THD (<14%), it is advisable to not use it for the powering of sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Firman unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. Its L5-30R receptacle can also be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. In addition, as the T08072 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The design of the Firman T08072 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L29.8 x W27.5 x H26.1 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 213 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The control panel of the T08072 includes a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, when the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
The T08072 also benefits from Firman’s CO Alert carbon monoxide shutdown, which automatically shuts down the engine when harmful levels of carbon monoxide accumulate around the generator or a CO Alert fault occurs.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Firman T08072, the following accessories are also included: funnel, oil, tool kit, propane hose and natural gas hose with NPT adapter.
The Firman T08072 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Firman T08072 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman T08072 compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- With a dry weight of 213 pounds, the Firman T08072 finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 7500 and 8500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Dewalt DXGNR8000, standing at just 183 lbs.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 74 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Genmax GM9000iED, whose lowest noise levels reach just 62 dBA.
- As the T08072 features an autonomy of around 12 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 100416, as it provides around 12.5 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.67 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the Firman T08072 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Alert technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (213 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Tri-Fuel (gasoline/propane/natural gas)|
|Engine||439 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||8,000 W||7,250 W||5,500 W|
|Starting watts||10,000 W||9,050 W||6,900 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps||60.4/30.2 amps||45.8/22.9 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps||75.4/37.7 amps||57.5/28.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h||5 h *||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||29.8 x 27.5 x 26.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, natural gas hose with NPT adapter, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman T08072 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||6372 W||7872 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||6390 W||6980 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||5480 W||9980 W|
Running my other generator, everything powered up in my house except my furnace, the newer furnaces electronics have problems with dirty power from most generators , just wondering how clean is the electricity from this firman generator (Asked December 26, 2022)
The unit's THD can reach 14% at full load, which is not suitable for powering equipment that contains sensitive electronic components.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.