Zoom on the Firman P01001
In summary, the Firman P01001 is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Firman P01001's engine, 80 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1,050W and reaches a peak wattage of 1,300W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), this generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1.3 gallon, the P01001 may run for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
Since the P01001 has a high THD (<25%), it is advisable to not use it for the powering of sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the upcoming AC outlet:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The Firman P01001 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L16.2 x W12.9 x H15 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the P01001 weighs just 46 lbs. As it can be moved by a single person without much effort, the generator and its power can be enjoyed on-the-go.
To help you monitor the P01001's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a handy voltmeter that allows you to easily monitor power output anytime.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Firman P01001 also comes with some accessories: tool kit, oil, battery charging cables and funnel are included.
The Firman P01001 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Firman P01001 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman P01001 compare to generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- At a weight of 46 pounds, the Firman P01001 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 1000-2000 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Pulsar PGD16iSCO, standing at just 24 lbs.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 62 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- As the P01001 features an autonomy of around 10 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Pulsar PG2200, which is able to run for around 12 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Pulsar PGD16iSCO. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.09 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 1000-2000W generators, the Firman P01001 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (46 lbs)
- Only 1 AC outlet
- On the noisy side (62 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|80 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 120V 20A (5-20R)
|1x 12V 8A receptacle
|Steel, 1.3 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|16.2 x 12.9 x 15 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, and battery charging cables
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman P01001 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.