Zoom on the Firman H08051
In summary, the Firman H08051 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Firman H08051 allows for an output of 120/240V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 8000W and a starting wattage of 10000W. If propane-powered, it gives 7250 rated watts and 9050 starting watts.
Enjoying a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower), this generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
As for its running time, the H08051, along with its 8 gallons fuel capacity, can run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 5 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.94 GPH).
As the H08051 has a relatively high THD (<25%), it is not recommended to use it to power sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
This Firman generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, since the H08051 bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The dimensions of the Firman H08051, which are L30.2 x W27.5 x H26.3 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the generator's weight is 212 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
To help you monitor the H08051's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Firman H08051's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, oil, propane hose and funnel.
The Firman H08051 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Firman H08051 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H08051 compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 212 lbs, the Firman H08051 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 7500 to 8500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Dewalt DXGNR8000, weighing just 183 pounds.
- As this generator can emit noise as low as 74 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Predator 9500, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 67 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the H08051 benefits from one of the highest run times among generators of a similar output
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.67 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Pulsar PG10000B16, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.55 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the Firman H08051 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (212 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||439 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||8000 W||7250 W|
|Starting watts||10000 W||9050 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps||75.4/37.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h||5 h *|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30.2 x 27.5 x 26.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H08051 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||6392 W||7892 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||6390 W||6980 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||5480 W||9980 W|
What makes this generator not RV ready? And what would have to be done to make it RV ready? (Asked December 22, 2020)
The unit does not feature a TT-30R outlet. Feel free to refer to our definition of RV-ready.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.