Zoom on the Firman H07553
In a nutshell, the Firman H07553 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Firman H07553 delivers 120/240V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 7500W and a peak wattage of 9400W. When propane-powered, it has 6750 rated watts and 8450 peak watts.
Enjoying a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher), this generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 8 gallons, the H07553 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH), or for around 6 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.78 GPH) using propane.
The quite high THD (<25%) of the H07553 makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Firman unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the H07553 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The Firman H07553 has the following dimensions: L30.2 x W27.5 x H26.3 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 196 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The H07553 and its control panel include a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
The H07553 also benefits from Firman’s CO Alert carbon monoxide shutdown, which automatically shuts down the engine when harmful levels of carbon monoxide accumulate around the generator or a CO Alert fault occurs. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Firman H07553's package also includes these accessories: cover, tool kit, propane hose, extension cord, funnel and oil.
The Firman H07553 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Firman H07553 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H07553 compare to generators of similar power (between 7000 and 8000 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 196 lbs, the Firman H07553 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 7000 and 8000 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF with only 133 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 74 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the A-iPower SUA8000iSF with only 65 dBA.
- The H07553 provides a higher run time than similarly powerful devices, reaching around 12 hours at 50% load. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Predator 9000, with around 13 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.67 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the A-iPower SUA8000iSF, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.52 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 7000-8000W generators, the Firman H07553 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Alert technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (196 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||439 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||7500 W||6750 W|
|Starting watts||9400 W||8450 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps||56.3/28.1 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||78.3/39.2 amps||70.4/35.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30.2 x 27.5 x 26.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, extension cord, propane hose, cover, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H07553 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5992 W||7492 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5995 W||6585 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||4880 W||9380 W|
Does this genset produce pure sine wave AC? I need to be sure it is safe to use in home for emergency backup electricity that is safe for expensive electronics and refrigerators. (Asked June 10, 2021)
What type of oil does it use? (Asked September 01, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.
can this be connected to natural gas? (Asked September 02, 2021)
The unit was designed to run on gasoline or propane only.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.