Zoom on the Firman H07552
In a nutshell, the Firman H07552 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Firman H07552 delivers 120/240V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 7500W and a peak wattage of 9400W. When propane-powered, it has 6750 rated watts and 8450 peak watts.
With a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 8 gallons, the H07552 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH), or for around 12 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.39 GPH) using propane.
The H07552 is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<25%).
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
This Firman generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as the H07552 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The Firman H07552 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L29.8 x W26.4 x H26.3 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 212 pounds. Never less, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The control panel of the H07552 includes a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the Firman H07552's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, funnel, oil, cover and propane hose.
The Firman H07552 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Firman H07552 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H07552 compare to generators of similar power (between 7000 and 8000 W).
- As its weight is 212 pounds, the Firman H07552 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 7000-8000 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Predator 8750, standing at just 183 lbs.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 74 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the WEN GN9500 with only 64 dBA.
- As the H07552 features an autonomy of around 12 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Predator 9000, as it provides around 13 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.67 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Predator 8750. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.55 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 7000-8000W generators, the Firman H07552 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (212 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||439 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||7500 W||6750 W|
|Starting watts||9400 W||8450 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps||56.3/28.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||78.3/39.2 amps||70.4/35.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||29.8 x 26.4 x 26.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose and cover|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H07552 is covered under a lifetime warranty. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
QOf the 4 outlets is only one a GFCI outlet? So can a non-GFCI transfer switch be connected to the 120/240 V 30 amp outlet without tripping the generator breaker which happens with a GFCI outlet? (Asked July 10, 2019)
ACorrect. Only the 5-20R duplex is GFCI
QCan it run on a homes in ground propane supply (Asked August 15, 2019)
ABelow-ground propane is no different than above-ground propane. So there's no reason why it wouldn't work.
QI have two circuit boxes I would like to power and selectively/manually pick and chose from. Can I use the 50 amp and 30 amp plugs simultaneously to drive both boxes (one for each) with attention given to the max loads of the generator? (Asked November 06, 2019)
AYou can absolutely use these two outlets simultaneously.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.