Zoom on the Firman H05754
In summary, the Firman H05754 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Firman H05754 provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 5700W along with a peak wattage of 7125W. While propane-powered, it provides 5700 rated watts and 7125 starting watts.
At a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner), the generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Regarding its running time, the H05754, with a 8 gallons fuel capacity can operate for around 13 hours at 50% load with a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.62 GPH). When using propane, it can run for around 7 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.67 GPH).
Since the H05754 has a somewhat high THD (<25%), it is advisable to not use it for the powering of sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
Even though this Firman generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, because the H05754 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The dimensions of the Firman H05754, which are L29.8 x W27.5 x H26.1 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 176 lbs. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The H05754's control center features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Firman H05754, the following accessories are also included: tool kit, funnel, oil and propane hose.
The Firman H05754 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Firman H05754 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H05754 compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Firman H05754 stands at only 176 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 5500-6500 rated wattage category If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Lifan LF7250 with only 140 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 74 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- Since the H05754 boasts with a run time of around 13 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Cat RP5500, boasting with around 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.62 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.38 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Firman H05754 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight for its kind (176 lbs)
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||439 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5700 W||5700 W|
|Starting watts||7125 W||7125 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||47.5/23.8 amps||47.5/23.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||59.4/29.7 amps||59.4/29.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||13 h||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||29.8 x 27.5 x 26.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H05754 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4542 W||6017 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||4540 W||5130 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Pressure washer (1 hp)||1200||3600|
|Total||4400 W||7100 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.