Zoom on the Firman H05754
In a nutshell, the Firman H05754 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Firman H05754 allows for an output of 120/240V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 5700W and a starting wattage of 7125W. If propane-powered, it gives 5700 rated watts and 7125 starting watts.
The generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower).
As for its running time, the H05754, along with its 8 gallons fuel capacity, can run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.94 GPH).
The quite high THD (<25%) of the H05754 makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
While this Firman generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the H05754 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L30.2 x W27.5 x H26.3 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Firman H05754 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 176.5 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The H05754 and its control panel include a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Firman H05754, the following accessories are also included: propane hose, funnel, tool kit and oil.
The Firman H05754 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Firman H05754 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H05754 compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- As its weight is 176.5 pounds, the Firman H05754 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 5500-6500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar G65BN, with a dry weight of just 126 pounds.
- As this generator can emit noise as low as 74 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU7000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- Since the H05754 boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen5500, with around 15 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.67 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the A-iPower SUA7000L, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.36 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Firman H05754 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Decent weight (176.5 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||439 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5700 W||5700 W|
|Starting watts||7125 W||7125 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||47.5/23.8 amps||47.5/23.8 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||59.4/29.7 amps||59.4/29.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30.2 x 27.5 x 26.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H05754 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4555 W||5255 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4545 W||5135 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4400 W||7100 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.