Manual start + GFCI outlets
Electric start + GFCI outlets
Zoom on the Firman H05754
In summary, the Firman H05754 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Firman H05754 allows for an output of 120/240V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 5700W and a starting wattage of 7125W. If propane-powered, it gives 5700 rated watts and 7125 starting watts.
With a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 8 gallons, the H05754 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH), or for around 5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.94 GPH) using propane.
The quite high THD (<25%) of the H05754 makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
This Firman generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, because the H05754 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
With its dimensions of L30.2 x W27.5 x H26.3 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Firman H05754 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 176.5 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The H05754's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Firman H05754, the following accessories are also included: tool kit, oil, funnel and propane hose.
The Firman H05754 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Firman H05754 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H05754 compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- As its weight is 176.5 pounds, the Firman H05754 falls in the expected weight range of the dual fuel devices in the 5500-6500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar G65BN with only 126 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 74 dBA, the generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar type and power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the DuroMax XP7500DX, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 70 dBA.
- The H05754 provides a higher run time than similarly powerful dual fuel devices, reaching around 12 hours at 50% load. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Pulsar PG7750B, reaching around 13 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.67 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Pulsar G65BN, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.45 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W dual fuel generators, the Firman H05754 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (74 dBA)
- High run time
- Decent weight (176.5 lbs)
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||439 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5700 W||5700 W|
|Starting watts||7125 W||7125 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||47.5/23.8 amps||47.5/23.8 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||59.4/29.7 amps||59.4/29.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30.2 x 27.5 x 26.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H05754 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4555 W||5255 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4545 W||5135 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4400 W||7100 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.