Zoom on the Firman H05754
In a nutshell, the Firman H05754 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Firman H05754 provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 5700W along with a peak wattage of 7125W. While propane-powered, it provides 5700 rated watts and 7125 starting watts.
The generator is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The running time of the H05754, with its 8 gallons fuel capacity, can reach around 12 hours at 50% load on a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH). With propane, it can reach around 5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.94 GPH).
The H05754 is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<25%).
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
This Firman generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the H05754 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L30.2 x W27.5 x H26.3 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Firman H05754 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 176.5 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The control panel of the H05754 includes a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Firman H05754 also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, oil, funnel and propane hose.
The Firman H05754 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Firman H05754 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H05754 compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- As its weight is 176.5 pounds, the Firman H05754 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 5500-6500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar G65BN, with a dry weight of just 126 pounds.
- The generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 74 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- The H05754, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 12 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Cat RP5500, with around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.67 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, with a fuel consumption of 0.38 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Firman H05754 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Dual Fuel
- Decent weight (176.5 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||439 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5700 W||5700 W|
|Starting watts||7125 W||7125 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||47.5/23.8 amps||47.5/23.8 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||59.4/29.7 amps||59.4/29.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h||5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30.2 x 27.5 x 26.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H05754 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4555 W||6055 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4545 W||5135 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Pressure washer (1 hp)||1200||3600|
|Total||4400 W||7100 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.