Manual start + GFCI outlets
Electric start + GFCI outlets
Zoom on the Firman H05752
In a nutshell, the Firman H05752 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Firman H05752 provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 5,700W along with a peak wattage of 7,125W. While propane-powered, it provides 5,700 rated watts and 7,125 starting watts.
The generator is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
As for its running time, the H05752, along with its 8 gallons fuel capacity, can run for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 5 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.94 GPH).
The powering of sensitive electronic devices with the H05752 is not recommended due to its high THD (<25%).
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
Even though this Firman generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the H05752 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L30.2 x W27.5 x H26.3 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Firman H05752 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
As the generator's weight is 176.5 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The H05752's control center features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the oil level is too low.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Firman H05752, the following accessories are also included: propane hose, funnel, tool kit and oil.
The Firman H05752 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Firman H05752 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H05752 compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 176.5 pounds, the Firman H05752 is one of the heavier dual fuel generators producing between 5500 and 6500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO, standing at just 118 lbs.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 74 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar type and power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO. With just 62 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Since the H05752 boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as one of the dual fuel devices with the highest run time among those of a comparable output.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.67 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.42 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 5500-6500W dual fuel generators, the Firman H05752 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Dual Fuel
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No electric start
- On the heavy side (176.5 lbs)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|439 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|5 h *
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|Steel, 8 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|30.2 x 27.5 x 26.3 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and wheel kit
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H05752 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.