Manual start + GFCI outlets
Electric start + GFCI outlets
Zoom on the Firman H05751
In a nutshell, the Firman H05751 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Firman H05751 delivers 120/240V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 5,700W and a peak wattage of 7,125W. When propane-powered, it has 5,700 rated watts and 7,125 peak watts.
The generator is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The H05751, with a fuel capacity of 8 gallons, reaches a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.67 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 5 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.94 GPH) with propane.
Since the H05751 has a high THD (<25%), it is advisable to not use it for the powering of sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
This Firman generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the H05751 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The dimensions of the Firman H05751, which are L30.2 x W27.5 x H26.3 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 194.5 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The H05751 and its control panel include a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Firman H05751 also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, oil, funnel and propane hose.
The Firman H05751 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Firman H05751 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H05751 compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 194.5 pounds, the Firman H05751 is one of the heavier dual fuel generators producing between 5500 and 6500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO, standing at just 118 lbs.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its type and power range, rated at 74 dBA. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 62 dBA.
- The H05751 provides one of the highest run time among similarly powerful dual fuel devices, reaching around 12 hours at 50% load.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.67 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.42 GPH, the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 5500-6500W dual fuel generators, the Firman H05751 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Dual Fuel
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- On the expensive side
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (194.5 lbs)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|439 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|5 h *
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|Steel, 8 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|30.2 x 27.5 x 26.3 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H05751 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.