Zoom on the Firman H03652
In summary, the Firman H03652 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Firman H03652 provides an output of 120V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 3650W along with a peak wattage of 4550W. While propane-powered, it provides 3300 rated watts and 4100 starting watts.
The generator is rated for a noise of 67 dBA (less noisy than an office). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Regarding its running time, the H03652, with a 5 gallons fuel capacity can operate for around 14 hours at 50% load with a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH). When using propane, it can run for around 11 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.43 GPH).
The H03652 is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<25%).
The control panel features the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
This Firman generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
With its dimensions of L25.7 x W21.8 x H21.6 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Firman H03652 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 113 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The H03652 and its control panel include a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Firman H03652 also comes with several accessories, including: propane hose, funnel, tool kit and oil.
The Firman H03652 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Firman H03652 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H03652 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- At a weight of 113 pounds, the Firman H03652 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 3500-4500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- As this generator can emit noise as low as 67 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Cummins Onan P4500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- With a run time of around 14 hours at 50% load, the H03652 has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Predator 4375, which is able to run for around 16 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.17 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen4200 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the Firman H03652 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- RV Ready
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Decent weight (113 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (67 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||208 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3650 W||3300 W|
|Starting watts||4550 W||4100 W|
|Running amps||30.4 amps||27.5 amps|
|Peak amps||37.9 amps||34.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||14 h||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.7 x 21.8 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||67 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H03652 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2912 W||3912 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2895 W||3485 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1800 W||4500 W|
Can the Firman H03652 dual fuel model be fitted to use natural gas? (Asked January 20, 2020)
Firman doesn't seem to have an official natural gas conversion kit. You could have a look at this article: https://www.propane101.com/lpgasapplianceconversions.htm. Needless to say, without an official conversion kit, such conversion would immediately void any warranty you may have.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.