Zoom on the Firman H03652
In summary, the Firman H03652 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Firman H03652 provides an output of 120V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 3,650W along with a peak wattage of 4,550W. While propane-powered, it provides 3,300 rated watts and 4,100 starting watts.
At a noise rating of 67 dBA (less noisy than an office), the generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Regarding its running time, the H03652, with a 5 gallons fuel capacity can operate for around 14 hours at 50% load with a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH). When using propane, it can run for around 11 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.43 GPH).
As the H03652 has a relatively high THD (<25%), it is not recommended to use it to power sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
This Firman generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Firman H03652 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L25.7 x W21.8 x H21.6 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 113 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The H03652 and its control panel include a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Firman H03652 also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel, oil, tool kit and propane hose.
The Firman H03652 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Firman H03652 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H03652 compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- At a weight of 113 pounds, the Firman H03652 places in the expected weight range of the dual fuel generators in the 3500-4500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN DF402iX, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its type and power range, rated at 67 dBA. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 14 hours at 50% load, the H03652 benefits from a higher run time than many dual fuel generators of a similar output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, reaching around 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Standing at an estimated 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.23 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen4500DF is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel generators, the Firman H03652 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- RV Ready
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Decent weight (113 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (67 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||208 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,650 W||3,300 W|
|Starting watts||4,550 W||4,100 W|
|Running amps||30.4 amps||27.5 amps|
|Peak amps||37.9 amps||34.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||14 h||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.7 x 21.8 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||67 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H03652 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2892 W||3892 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2890 W||3480 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1800 W||4500 W|
Can the Firman H03652 dual fuel model be fitted to use natural gas? (Asked January 20, 2020)
Firman doesn't seem to have an official natural gas conversion kit. You could have a look at this article: https://www.propane101.com/lpgasapplianceconversions.htm. Needless to say, without an official conversion kit, such conversion would immediately void any warranty you may have.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.